Support for Sum 41 Pressing

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw credibility!

That's because you like J-pop too. Game over, you lose.

So you attack anyone who says anything even if they said nothing rude to you about what you're into. At this point, I'm positive you're a troll - which would be a bit more acceptable if you weren't supposedly over the mid 20's mark....

I'm not understanding why people can't carry themselves more maturely. I mean, it's the internet and I get that but jesus...we're all adults here. Surely more than a handful aren't in a state of arrested development. Maybe I'm just irritated because this guy is denigrating my spouse for her tastes when his record collection is probably a fraction the size of her's both in volume and in genre scope.

(selfreliable - got yr answers to those questions for the 'zine, they're really good!)

I'm not understanding why people can't carry themselves more maturely. I mean, it's the internet and I get that but jesus...we're all adults here. Surely more than a handful aren't in a state of arrested development. Maybe I'm just irritated because this asshat is denigrating my spouse for her tastes when his record collection is probably a fraction the size of her's both in volume and in genre scope.

(selfreliable - got yr answers to those questions for the 'zine, they're really good!)

Glad you likd them, hopefully there is something you can use.

As far as this thread goes, I dont think he means to really shit on her, I think he is just trying to join in on the overall feel that this thread had for about 13 pages, then again, he did get really upset early on in the thread when you said something compltely unrelated to it and he went off on you, so maybe rocketcat is just nuts.

I'm not understanding why people can't carry themselves more maturely. I mean, it's the internet and I get that but jesus...we're all adults here. Surely more than a handful aren't in a state of arrested development. Maybe I'm just irritated because this asshat is denigrating my spouse for her tastes when his record collection is probably a fraction the size of her's both in volume and in genre scope.

Glad you likd them, hopefully there is something you can use.

As far as this thread goes, I dont think he means to really shit on her, I think he is just trying to join in on the overall feel that this thread had for about 13 pages, then again, he did get really upset early on in the thread when you said something compltely unrelated to it and he went off on you, so maybe rocketcat is just nuts.

My post about you (Kriss) getting served was making fun of rocketcat: people have been trashing Sum 41 in this thread (who rocketcat likes), so when the topic changed to something else (J-pop) he decided that he needed to trash that.

It was funny in my head, at least.

I'm not understanding why people can't carry themselves more maturely. I mean, it's the internet and I get that but jesus...we're all adults here. Surely more than a handful aren't in a state of arrested development. Maybe I'm just irritated because this guy is denigrating my spouse for her tastes when his record collection is probably a fraction the size of her's both in volume and in genre scope.

Chill man, this whole thread is a joke, haven't you noticed already?

btw, so what if my record collection is smaller than yours? I don't get it. I don't have to have a super huge collection to know about music. I think J-pop is really bad BUT, I do like J-rock and we all know 'The brilliant green' is the best female fronted band.

sorry, i have to say it. fuck j-pop.

there's nothing wrong with J-Pop, why don't you like it?

I just can't stand it. I find it so tacky and annoying. Very schticky and gimmicky. Also I don't appreciate listening to music in languages I don't understand, but I guess that just my humble opinion.

Honestly though, and I know I'm gonna get smited for this, but I feel the same way about J-Pop as I do about Eyeliner Core and Dubstep. Makes me cringe.

Guest mellietronx

I didn't say anything about Sum 41. I just said I liked J-Pop and I don't care about creditability. So if you put those things all together...things like this aren't all that important to me :) People can like what they like...even if it "sucks".

Oh fuck, he was right about Sum 41 all along. Look at these nominations for the 2012 grammys

13. Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance

On The Backs Of Angels

Dream Theater

[Roadrunner Records]

White Limo

Foo Fighters

Track from: Wasting Light

[RCA Records/ Roswell Records]

Curl Of The Burl

Mastodon

[Reprise Records]

Public Enemy No. 1

Megadeth

[Roadrunner Records]

Blood In My Eyes

Sum 41

Track from: Screaming Bloody Murder

[island]

^ It's actually sent me digging. Kyaru's song Jelly is actually a cover - did some digging and found the album Fruits Clipper by the group capsule who did it originally. Some of their records are stereotypical early 2000's electro clash while some of their stuff sounds more like the Pizzicato 5 - very loungey with heavy samba and bossa nova influences, very reminiscent of Stereolab.