PO: Ash Borer full length 12"

Didn't notice another thread about this release so if there is, my apologies. Been listening to this band Ash Borer lately and I'm really digging them. It's Black Metal/Doom and has also been called "atmospheric, melodic black metal." I am not really into Black Metal whatsoever but this band is really catching my attention and I think some of you might just want to check them out. They have released a split 12" w/Fell Voices and numerous limited cassette releases that sell out in minutes (to my frustration).

Here's a sample song for you guys to check out, it's long but listen to the whole thing. There's also plenty more of their stuff floating around online to sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvBhB_lOc-w

You can pre-order here:

http://pesanta.bigcartel.com/product/ash-borer-full-length-12

Here's the pre-order info:

Expected to begin shipping on the Summer Solstice, MMXI.

Ash Borer full length vinyl release will come in two editions, a standard edition of 777 and a limited edition of 323.

Standard edition gatefold will have red on black (foil printed) cover and a 160 gram red vinyl to match. Limited edition gatefold will be black on black (foil printed), with a 200 gram black vinyl and includes a 24"x36" poster of the original tape cover art, embroidered patch and sticker.

All standard edition pre-orders will receive the Ash Borer logo sticker included with the limited edition.

Originally released on Cassette by Psychic Violence, limited to 150.

$17 Standard edition

$25 Limited edition

Above prices include shipping

The Ash Borer/Fell Voices split is still available via Gilead Media:

http://gileadmedia.net/store/

• 1 month later...

"News from 7.18: These records have FINALLY arrived. All pre-orders expected to be fulfilled within a weeks time. Pesanta will not ship pre-orders until Ash Borer confirms that they have received their copies - this is a courtesy to the band."

I just ordered a copy of the limited edition now that they have them in hand.

[image]

[image]

[image]

I totally forgot to bump this thread about the news. I can't wait for my copy, been almost 2 months since I ordered it. I ordered the deluxe but I just may get the standard version down the road as well.

On a side note, if anyone wants to get rid of ANY cassette releases from this band, get at me. I'm at work every fucking time any of them go up and they sell out in minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw that too but yeah, fuck Pesanta for marking up that shit. flippers would've bought it regardless if they could make a profit. i'll just wait for the Cold of Ages LP before buying anything from them.

I hear you.  but I would rather give them the money then someone else.

fuck Pesanta for marking up that shit

Really? Pesanta is one of the better labels out there that always puts out top notch product. If you take a look at the quality of each release compared to the price you pay, you're getting a good deal (and obviously they aren't making a "killing" in the process). So if they decide to make a few extra bucks off of extra rare pieces they found, so be it. They deserve it. 

Really? Pesanta is one of the better labels out there that always puts out top notch product. If you take a look at the quality of each release compared to the price you pay, you're getting a good deal (and obviously they aren't making a "killing" in the process). So if they decide to make a few extra bucks off of extra rare pieces they found, so be it. They deserve it. 

agreed.

those records are really pretty.  design and otherwise.  they should charge a bit more.  I wish every label put as much effort in each of their releases..

I got those l'acephale picture lps (that came with 200gram black also).  that is probably one of the prettiest records ever!!