Breaking Bad Season 4

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know i mentioned it before in this thread, but i really don't cheer for walt anymore. it's so weird, because i don't hate him. but i don't like him, either. the most extreme case of antihero that i've ever encountered...

i'm on team jesse.

yeah, jesse is such an interesting character. even though he's matured (for better and worse), it's hard to tell when he will settle into his own skin. it's especially hard to watch walt's desire to protect himself and his family drag jesse down even further. i want to hate walt for that, but he's also looked out for jesse, too, so... that's that.

i know i mentioned it before in this thread, but i really don't cheer for walt anymore. it's so weird, because i don't hate him. but i don't like him, either. the most extreme case of antihero that i've ever encountered...

i'm on team jesse.

yeah, jesse is such an interesting character. even though he's matured (for better and worse), it's hard to tell when he will settle into his own skin. it's especially hard to watch walt's desire to protect himself and his family drag jesse down even further. i want to hate walt for that, but he's also looked out for jesse, too, so... that's that.

so glad gus is dead. tbh i feel like this could've wrapped up the series. as it stands now, walt and jesse are safe. brock is going to be okay. hank no longer has a hit out on him, and there is no evidence of the lab. ideally, they could all start over clean. the blue meth will disappear of the streets and no one will mention heisenberg. since walt is in remission, there is no immediate need for money and he could go back to a normal job. he also still owns the car wash. mike really is the only loose end at this point.

so glad gus is dead. tbh i feel like this could've wrapped up the series. as it stands now, walt and jesse are safe. brock is going to be okay. hank no longer has a hit out on him, and there is no evidence of the lab. ideally, they could all start over clean. the blue meth will disappear of the streets and no one will mention heisenberg. since walt is in remission, there is no immediate need for money and he could go back to a normal job. he also still owns the car wash. mike really is the only loose end at this point.

I think that was on purpose. They did a complete 180 from the last season break, where we're not on baited breath waiting to see what's about to happen... and even then, the cliffhanger was just waiting to see what you already knew was coming. Vince Gilligan is just messing with our expectations. Everything seems okay now, until Jesse finds out who gave Brock the poison (the kid lived to tell him), and Mike comes back. And do we really believe there is absolutely NO evidence that Walt is Heisenberg anymore?

I think that was on purpose. They did a complete 180 from the last season break, where we're not on baited breath waiting to see what's about to happen... and even then, the cliffhanger was just waiting to see what you already knew was coming. Vince Gilligan is just messing with our expectations. Everything seems okay now, until Jesse finds out who gave Brock the poison (the kid lived to tell him), and Mike comes back. And do we really believe there is absolutely NO evidence that Walt is Heisenberg anymore?

I don't know. I'm definitely on Walt's side. That's what I think is so great about this show. Walt has definitely done things that I think are completely wrong and terrible. But I've made the journey to the other side with him throughout the course of the show and I justify his decisions in the same way that he justifies them to himself. In the end, Walt's only done everything he's done to protect Jesse and his family. He tried to reason with Jesse about things, but he wouldn't listen. He had to play Gus' game and manipulate Jesse to get him back on the right side. And he only gave something to Brock that would make him sick, but not kill him.

Climax scene was so awesome. "How the hell did he survive that blast!!??? Wait, oh he's gonna be burned real bad on the other side when the camera pans around...HOLY!!!!! WHAT!???? NO WAY! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

I don't know. I'm definitely on Walt's side. That's what I think is so great about this show. Walt has definitely done things that I think are completely wrong and terrible. But I've made the journey to the other side with him throughout the course of the show and I justify his decisions in the same way that he justifies them to himself. In the end, Walt's only done everything he's done to protect Jesse and his family. He tried to reason with Jesse about things, but he wouldn't listen. He had to play Gus' game and manipulate Jesse to get him back on the right side. And he only gave something to Brock that would make him sick, but not kill him.

Climax scene was so awesome. "How the hell did he survive that blast!!??? Wait, oh he's gonna be burned real bad on the other side when the camera pans around...HOLY!!!!! WHAT!???? NO WAY! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"

Walt went from knowing he was going to die in Season 1 and acting with reckless abandon to provide for his family at any cost since he wouldn't be there much longer to doing anything to preserve his own life including putting anyone and everyone else in danger.

Walt's moral compass has a magnet attached to it and I see Season 5 being his quest for redemption. Somewhere in what we watched last night is the guy that got into this mess with more or less good intentions.

Walt went from knowing he was going to die in Season 1 and acting with reckless abandon to provide for his family at any cost since he wouldn't be there much longer to doing anything to preserve his own life including putting anyone and everyone else in danger.

Walt's moral compass has a magnet attached to it and I see Season 5 being his quest for redemption. Somewhere in what we watched last night is the guy that got into this mess with more or less good intentions.

the one thing that walt did that pissed me off was get drunk and going on about how the real heisenberg must be a genius, etc etc. i think that's the moment where i went from thinking he's losing his mind to just being genuinely angry at him. but i agree with you guys, the complexity of walt's character and the ways they get in and out of the mess they're in is what makes this show so good.

it's hard to think of a proper ending for this story. i'm not so sure there is one.

the one thing that walt did that pissed me off was get drunk and going on about how the real heisenberg must be a genius, etc etc. i think that's the moment where i went from thinking he's losing his mind to just being genuinely angry at him. but i agree with you guys, the complexity of walt's character and the ways they get in and out of the mess they're in is what makes this show so good.

it's hard to think of a proper ending for this story. i'm not so sure there is one.

i read an interview with vince gilligan that said when they wrote season 4, they kind of wrapped things up at the end because at that point, they weren't positive that they were getting another season yet.

i read an interview with vince gilligan that said when they wrote season 4, they kind of wrapped things up at the end because at that point, they weren't positive that they were getting another season yet.