PIRATES PRESS RECORDS

PIRATES PRESS RECORDS has been releasing some pretty interesting looking vinyl in the past month. All the details (and some streaming audio) are at http://www.piratespressrecords.com but here are some of the pretty pictures...

[image]

Serbia's RED UNION "Rats and Snakes" 10" Shaped Picture Disc.

[image]

Vinyl Fundraiser for Bruce Roehrs Memorial Fund featuring BOOZE & GLORY and HARRINGTON SAINTS on Shaped Vinyl.

[image]

THE JONS "Oi! Jack" 7" with screen printing on the vinyl.

hey zak, is chunksaah going to get their site back up or keep using LP?

new store is up at http://www.chunksaah.com/shop but there are still some quirks i'm working out so it's just our catalog for now. need to find the time to add all the other crap. vinyl, cd, and digital download is available for most of our releases. will probably take down the LP page in the next day or two.

I wonder how much you could save if you didn't do labels. No screen printing, just no labels. Handwritten A and B maybe. For the DIY punk bands of course.

I did a release last year that didn't have labels. Most plants won't even do it, and it probably only shaved maybe $75-$100 off of the total cost of the release. I had to shop around a bit to find someone willing to tackle the project.

Not having labels on a record increases the chances of it warping, as the label serves as an extra stabilizing agent.

Knowing this risk, I insisted that my artist vision required it, signed the special waiver, and TA DA!

I wonder how much you could save if you didn't do labels. No screen printing, just no labels. Handwritten A and B maybe. For the DIY punk bands of course.

I did a release last year that didn't have labels. Most plants won't even do it, and it probably only shaved maybe $75-$100 off of the total cost of the release. I had to shop around a bit to find someone willing to tackle the project.

Not having labels on a record increases the chances of it warping, as the label serves as an extra stabilizing agent.

Knowing this risk, I insisted that my artist vision required it, signed the special waiver, and TA DA!

This is all very true. I've also seen instances where the center hole becomes too big when no label is used. It probably depends on the type of press that is being used but it is also something to consider. But hey, gotta take risks sometimes!