The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer (NIN)

saw this trailer tonight, and not only did the video get my attention, but the music caught my ear, too. I'm not sure when I realized what movie it was, but you can totally tell it's Trent Reznor's music at the 1:17 mark. I had assumed the singer was Trent's wife, but apparently it's Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/thegirlwiththedragontattoo/

in any case, I'm excited for the movie (I'm a david fincher fan), and even more excited for the soundtrack

The Swedish version left out a lot of the book (as all movies do). The Fincher films are supposed to include quite a bit of important stuff that was left out of the Swedish versions. I haven't read the books, so I can't speculate on what was left out. People are still gonna trash it simply because it's a remake, regardless of whether it's good or not. Just like "Let Me In", which was superb.

Let Me In was incredible! I think I still prefer the original though. There is one particular sequence in Let Me In that I think was done much better though. Don't want to spoil anything but it involves a car and some acid haha.

That scene was well done. I also liked the end better, but I think I'm in the minority there. And I don't get the backlash over not showing her genitals, or lack there of. I'm of the opinion that the weak CGI during Abby's attack in the park was the ONLY flaw to the remake. Outstanding flick.