NCAA March Madness pool

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, no one in recorded history has ever gotten the bracket 100% correct. Well, that may be a lie, but I heard on ESPN that it's more impossible to get all picks right, than winning the lottery 4 times. Plus upsets happen often, so maybe you'll do good.

Kurtz-How many people have we got now?

Yu, "March Madness" is a period of two weeks every March where 64 college basketball teams in the U.S. face off against each other in a tournament. The first round starts today; if you win your first game, you advance to the "Sweet 16," then the "Elite 8," then the "Final Four," before eventually playing for the national championship.

I really like watching the tournament because it's not professional players, it's just kids who are still in school -- they're playing because they love the game, not because they're getting paid millions of dollars.

Yu, "March Madness" is a period of two weeks every March where 64 college basketball teams in the U.S. face off against each other in a tournament. The first round starts today; if you win your first game, you advance to the "Sweet 16," then the "Elite 8," then the "Final Four," before eventually playing for the national championship.

I really like watching the tournament because it's not professional players, it's just kids who are still in school -- they're playing because they love the game, not because they're getting paid millions of dollars.

Couldn't have said it better myself. College basketball and March Madness to me are true symbols of how competitive sports should be. These kids pour their hearts and souls on the court, many of whom know they won't go pro. They play because they love the game and they push themselves because they want to succeed. March Madness is by far the most exciting sporting event/tournament there is...and that's coming from a Red Sox fan fresh off of a second World Series win in a few years.

Anyone think Georgia is going to be able to make the win and provide the first upset? 46-38 right now.

Xavier is my only hometown team in the tourney, and I got them going to the elite 8. dammit.

So do I. I'm in atlanta, but not a UGA fan. I'm pulling for Xavier. They need to step it up to keep up with Sundiata Gaines