Jacket damaged on eBay item

I say just file a claim at both ebay and paypal whats the worse that can happen? Don't wait for him to respond he's just being lazy at this point. Take pictures and email them to him, and see what can happen.

Also I don't understand the Amazon statement, as I've order numerous records from them and everything has arrived in perfect condition everytime...

This is bullshit. It still blows my mind how stupid people are when it comes to shipping stuff. To quote my buddy Devin "this is packaged like a tank". Everything I send is packaged to prevent anything from happening to it. I always package things with lazy, clumsy post office workers in mind as well as weather. Every single god damn time I go to the post office there are people with just random items, wasting everyones time, asking how to package their crap. It's really mind blowing. This doesn't apply to just records but anything. I've gotten so much stuff shipped to me in crap packages.

Agreed completely. I've gotten records packaged with a single stripe of tape down the middle, nothing else. Is tape really that expensive that people can't at least tape the sides as well?

Whatever you decide to do, make sure in the feedback you give him mention that he shipped a record in a flimsy bubble mailer.

Haha at least it had a bubble mailer. I just got a record off ebay that was shipped in a manilla envelope!

Wow that is ridiculous.

By the way I'm getting half the record price plus shipping. I think that's fair.

Yeah, I'd say that's totally fair. I got JEW Bleed American shipped to me in nothing but a grocery bag last year. The jacket had creases in every corner but the vinyl was ok (amazingly). I only paid $23 including shipping and they refunded me $7, so I can't be too upset. I mean, I would have paid $15 for Bleed American with a creased jacket if I saw it in a record store. On the other hand, what the hell is wrong with someone who ships a record across the country in a grocery bag?

Wow that is ridiculous.

By the way I'm getting half the record price plus shipping. I think that's fair.

Yeah, I'd say that's totally fair. I got JEW Bleed American shipped to me in nothing but a grocery bag last year. The jacket had creases in every corner but the vinyl was ok (amazingly). I only paid $23 including shipping and they refunded me $7, so I can't be too upset. I mean, I would have paid $15 for Bleed American with a creased jacket if I saw it in a record store. On the other hand, what the hell is wrong with someone who ships a record across the country in a grocery bag?

More importantly, how did you find that for $23 ppd? Damn. Cursed luck, apparently. I thought I got a deal for $35...then I got it signed, and the night I did I found out about the repress, and sold for $70 on ebay. Only to spend $55ish on the new one...haha...not much money saved.

I've also had a grocery bag ship...well, it had one flimsy strip of cardboard on each side, but it was La Dispute's somewhere, and it's in pieces now. I'll make it into an art project at some point.