Frank Carter leaves Gallows

He just announced it via twitter and his personal website:

"It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce my departure from Gallows. It seems that Gallows have hit a crossroads in our writing process and unfortunately myself and the rest of the boys have different ideas regarding the sound of Gallows going forward. Gallows have decided they are going to continue on without me and I wish the boys the best of luck for the future."

Frank's Brother and fellow bandmate also stated on the site. "As you all know, we've been in the studio for the past few months working on a follow up to Grey Britain. It pains me to say that as of August 1st Frank will no longer be a member of Gallows. Creatively, we could not agree on a direction for the new record and came to the conclusion that parting ways was for the best. Frank will be releasing music with his new project "Pure Love" later this year and we all wish him best. He is & will always be our brother, as well as an integral part of the start of our career."

"These final shows with Frank are a celebration of what we created together," continues guitarist Laurent Barnard. "Frank, Steph, Lee, Stu and myself are all entering the most exciting period of our careers since breaking in 2007. While we wish Frank the best of luck on his new adventure."

Pretty bummed about this, I can't remember being as excited about a British band as I was for them when they started gaining momentum in 2006, some of the shows I saw them play in London are still probably the best I've ever seen any band play and Orchestra Of Wolves was an incredible record. It'll be really interesting to see who they'll get in to take his place.

• 1 year later...