DEFTONES-SNW & S/T HOT TOPIC exclusives

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FML. Is this thing going to be single LP? Why are they doing this? Are they gonna put S/T on a 10"? Color looks awesome though.

You will need to take that up with Maverick

Trust me, I know. I don't mean to be shitty to you at all, Travis. So I hope it doesn't come off that way. If it sounds good, then good but based on what we currently know about LP time capacity constraints, I just can't understand why they would do this other than cutting corners. Just kinda sucks.

But still, to be clear, I'm very happy that you managed to help get these reissues done. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll get this thing anyway even though I have the OP and have pre-ordered the box.

FML. Is this thing going to be single LP? Why are they doing this? Are they gonna put S/T on a 10"? Color looks awesome though.

You will need to take that up with Maverick

Trust me, I know. I don't mean to be shitty to you at all, Travis. So I hope it doesn't come off that way. If it sounds good, then good but based on what we currently know about LP time capacity constraints, I just can't understand why they would do this other than cutting corners. Just kinda sucks.

But still, to be clear, I'm very happy that you managed to help get these reissues done. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll get this thing anyway even though I have the OP and have pre-ordered the box.

Beautiful variant. Perhaps even a bit better than what I had pictured.

Don't get me wrong, since I'm super grateful to own all of these Deftones re-issues... but I can't help but feel like the last three releases / represses have been seriously skimped. From the lack of bonus tracks, to the condensing of double LPs onto a single. I'll reserve judgement for an official listen, but it sure seems like corners are being routinely cut, here.

Beautiful variant. Perhaps even a bit better than what I had pictured.

Don't get me wrong, since I'm super grateful to own all of these Deftones re-issues... but I can't help but feel like the last three releases / represses have been seriously skimped. From the lack of bonus tracks, to the condensing of double LPs onto a single. I'll reserve judgement for an official listen, but it sure seems like corners are being routinely cut, here.

that's pretty lame. i wasn't that impressed with the sound of SNW as a double LP, I can't imagine I'd be happy with it as a single.

however, I do love 'Deftones' and even though I'm proud to own an original, I'll take a chance on that reissue. Looking forward to seeing the color.

I think the original press of SNW sounds great actually. I'll have to spin it again.

that's pretty lame. i wasn't that impressed with the sound of SNW as a double LP, I can't imagine I'd be happy with it as a single.

however, I do love 'Deftones' and even though I'm proud to own an original, I'll take a chance on that reissue. Looking forward to seeing the color.

I think the original press of SNW sounds great actually. I'll have to spin it again.

I listened to it again last night. Its ok, just cant help but think it should sound better. Sounds like it likely wasnt remastered for vinyl so it sounds a little 'hot'. I do feel fortunate to have an original though.

I listened to it again last night. Its ok, just cant help but think it should sound better. Sounds like it likely wasnt remastered for vinyl so it sounds a little 'hot'. I do feel fortunate to have an original though.