ION USB question.

Hey guys,

I have a question and I am pretty sure you will know and also have

the link for proof.

I read on here a while back that if a person were to hook up an ION USB

turntable to their pc that it would -permanently disable their soundcard am I

right? And possibly do you know where to find that article that stated this?

I am having a discussion on another board and this guy is calling me out on it.

Thanks.

I've got one. It works fine. Quality is decent, it sounds fine running through my home stereo. Not perfect. But absolutely listenable.

I've used it a few times to record things onto my computer. Like local bands that are vinyl only. It works pretty well.

I've got one with an ipod dock too so I can play my ipod through my stereo and sync it to my computer straight from the turntable. It's pretty convinient.

People talk shit on them but they aren't that bad. If you can only afford one like that go for it.

I plan on getting a higher quality table in the future. But for my current setup and money income this one works great

still just a shitty low-end turntable. will it play records? yup. Will it sound listenable? yes, and considerably more than some bullshit crossley.

But my main issue with these ultra-low-end turntables is that talking about how great vinyl sounds, describing it as "warm", dropping money on box sets, buying 180 gram records, etc. is fucking pointless when you're putting them on a really low quality player. It makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE, especially if you're actually into record collecting for the long haul, to just hold off on buying records for a few months and save up to buy a nicer set up.

But my main issue with these ultra-low-end turntables is that talking about how great vinyl sounds, describing it as "warm", dropping money on box sets, buying 180 gram records, etc. is fucking pointless when you're putting them on a really low quality player. It makes SO MUCH MORE SENSE, especially if you're actually into record collecting for the long haul, to just hold off on buying records for a few months and save up to buy a nicer set up.

+1. This should be posted in every "should I buy this turntable" thread.

still just a shitty low-end turntable. will it play records? yup. Will it sound listenable? yes, and considerably more than some bullshit crossley.

+1

I'm really considering buying this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PSLX350H-Stereo-Turntable-System/dp/B00001ZWTY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311443203&sr=8-3

anyone have it? is it better than the one posted earlier?

I really don't have time or money to waste on saving for months and months for an expensive turntable.