Replacements Vinyl

I had hoped this thread might be about Twin/Tone era repressings :(. I still need Sorry Ma, Stink, and Hootenanny.

I think you can get Stink from Twin tone still

I got it Hootnanny(colored) and another LP a few years back.

Yeah, they have Stink and the I Will Dare 12", it's $15 + $5 shipping. I'm just wishing they'd get all the old stuff back in print on standard weight, non-special edition black vinyl that I could buy for $12 in a store. I know that won't happen, though, the guy who owns Twin/Tone sold off most of the big names' back catalogs in the mid-90s and whoever owns it now probably doesn't see enough money in it to do vinyl.

I'm just wishing they'd get all the old stuff back in print on standard weight, non-special edition black vinyl that I could buy for $12 in a store. I know that won't happen, though, the guy who owns Twin/Tone sold off most of the big names' back catalogs in the mid-90s and whoever owns it now probably doesn't see enough money in it to do vinyl.

Sadly, this also means the best Soul Asylum records will be perpetually out of print. Their first 3 albums are unholy jams.

Funny thing was that I bought Pleased To Meet Me a while back and I never checked inside to see if the record was scratched or damaged or anything. I knew I was going to buy it anyway because I like the Replacements. Here I went to go listen to it the other day and to my surprise, it ended up being Sorry Ma in the Pleased To Meet Me jacket. Haha. Kinda bummed because I really wanted to listen to Alex Chilton

found an early press (not hand-stamped) of stink for $5 in okc, and a first press of ptmm in kc for less. as dearly as i love this band, i have trouble bringing myself to the point of spending nearly $20 on each of the represses. seeking out the originals for cheap and hoping to have luck on my side. also would love to get those early soul asylum records one day. husker du has pretty much been a dollar bin band around these parts for years, so i picked most of those up when i first started buying vinyl.

edit: holy grammar error, batman.