does anyone here like dubstep?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to further comment...how is dubstep a legit genre...I was putzing around Spotify and looked up Skrillex...I couldn't give that shit not even a minute of listening...it's so terrible!!!

Maybe I'm too old to "get it"...but of this dubstep shit is what kids are into nowadays and hailing as the best ever, then take my ass out back and take me out of my misery like the proverbial horse!

Having an ear for what people like is not a talent. Maybe a producer has talent behind the board...

I can't play piano for shit, but give me a computer and I'll trick you into thinking I can...

Physical dexterity is not what makes someone a good artist. Making good music is what makes someone a good artist. The most talented musicians often waste it creating unlistenable masturbatory shit that shows off how fast they can play lots of notes rather than applying their musical knowledge towards writing and recording a great song. If someone can make a great song on a computer or an MPC or a synthesizer, I don't see what the problem is, unless you have a weird vendetta against electronic music that has nothing to do with the music itself, which appears to be the case.

Also Juan, think of it this way: what Skrillex is to dubstep, Good Charlotte is to punk. Ignore him.

Making music makes you good with computers (apparently). Playing music makes you a musician. I judge most music by the live show. Where's the show in watching some hack stand behind a screen? Wait, it's the super exciting light show. Right?

There's no accounting for complete lack of taste/retardation, I suppose.

On an unrelated stupid, dipshit kid note... I have bars on my right arm just above the elbow and the other day while buying cigarettes some little fucker, maybe 14, said, "Hey, guy...That's a real cool Frank Turner tattoo you got." My only response was to smack that little bitch with his bag of Andy Capp's. I'm really lucky the clerk has a crush on me.

Making music makes you good with computers (apparently). Playing music makes you a musician. I judge most music by the live show. Where's the show in watching some hack stand behind a screen? Wait, it's the super exciting light show. Right?

Lots of producers play live ie Justice and right now, SBTRKT and AraabMUZIK (http://vimeo.com/25803609).

It's retarded to discredit anyone because they make music in logic. Making quality songs on logic is very difficult to begin with and a lot of electronic artists are creating their own sounds and doing very innovative things. I have 2 friends that are getting tons of hype and they're the most talented musicians I've met in a while. One of them in particular can and will produce music that blows away anything that is ever posted on this board. Some of it will be pop music but he is incredibly talented.

SBTRKT is also taking a lot of the dubstep influence and turning it into something new and exciting

Electro music right now is great for the most part. Punk/Hardcore or whatever I listened to 3-8 years ago has become so mundane and boring. Not to mention the scene is absolutely blowing up. Check out the Mad Decent block party to see how big it's getting.

I have bars on my right arm just above the elbow and the other day while buying cigarettes some little fucker, maybe 14, said, "Hey, guy...That's a real cool Frank Turner tattoo you got." My only response was to smack that little bitch with his bag of Andy Capp's. I'm really lucky the clerk has a crush on me.

[image]

There's no accounting for complete lack of taste/retardation, I suppose.

On an unrelated stupid, dipshit kid note... I have bars on my right arm just above the elbow and the other day while buying cigarettes some little fucker, maybe 14, said, "Hey, guy...That's a real cool Frank Turner tattoo you got." My only response was to smack that little bitch with his bag of Andy Capp's. I'm really lucky the clerk has a crush on me.

You seem like a complete cunt.

Why? Did I offend your delicate Canadian sensibilities? I'm sure he put down that bag and got one that wasn't smashed. He shouldn't be eating them any way. Andy Capp's are gross.

I'm never surprised when somebody has heard of something "obscure" any more. Hipster kids+internet=a bunch of retarded pre-teen David Frickes.

I'll make one concession to all you little electrocomplainers: Dubstep is slightly less ear-raping than Brokencyde.

Guest errolwest

Why? Did I offend your delicate Canadian sensibilities? I'm sure he put down that bag and got one that wasn't smashed. He shouldn't be eating them any way. Andy Capp's are gross.

I'm never surprised when somebody has heard of something "obscure" any more. Hipster kids+internet=a bunch of retarded pre-teen David Frickes.

I'll make one concession to all you little electrocomplainers: Dubstep is slightly less ear-raping than Brokencyde.

you sound like an idiot.

Guest errolwest
You can't correctly spell your own username and I'm an idiot? No wonder the Opti-Grab failed, Navin. Do you have any actual input or is this just Canadian retaliation?

Canadian retaliation for what?! do you have any grasp on reality at all, or are you just completely out to fucking lunch?

If you just want to ask stupid questions that could've been answered by reading the rest of the thread, shut the fuck up.

Where's your input that pertains to the topic? Did you forget that there was a question asked at the beginning of this thread? Great white asshole.

haha, chill out, man.