VC Label Owners: Paypal and Taxes Question...

Any of you small label owners ever get the message from Paypal about giving your TAX ID number or a Social Security Number by chance?

We recently did, but since Protagonist isn't a "legit" business, we're not sure what to do exactly.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Any of you small label owners ever get the message from Paypal about giving your TAX ID number or a Social Security Number by chance?

We recently did, but since Protagonist isn't a "legit" business, we're not sure what to do exactly.

Anyone have any experience with this?

We always do more than 200 transactions per year, but don't quite hit $20k in any one year

Still feel pretty sketched out about giving my SSN and ending up on the hook somehow. Besides,

if those are the criteria, and we certainly don't meet them, why are they asking?

We always do more than 200 transactions per year, but don't quite hit $20k in any one year

Still feel pretty sketched out about giving my SSN and ending up on the hook somehow. Besides,

if those are the criteria, and we certainly don't meet them, why are they asking?

Justin -

I know they're sending out the forms, but everything on their site seems to indicate they will ONLY do so if you meet BOTH criteria (200+ transactions AND $20k) so then why require the info from an account that is clearly not in that realm?

Also, if you decide to go legit, we should create a discussion forum for ways to do it. We are strongly thinking about it too and would love some guidance and input from those who are experienced.

Justin -

I know they're sending out the forms, but everything on their site seems to indicate they will ONLY do so if you meet BOTH criteria (200+ transactions AND $20k) so then why require the info from an account that is clearly not in that realm?

Also, if you decide to go legit, we should create a discussion forum for ways to do it. We are strongly thinking about it too and would love some guidance and input from those who are experienced.