Brand New - Devil & God LP Question

It might have been me, I have both and I think the Triple Crown version has better mastering. Less limiting and compression. They are very similar though, I think I might be biased against the Academy Fight Song version due to all the jerking off of AFS' version on this board. People were pretty adamant that the total package was amazing and way superior to the Triple Crown version, but the only noticeable differences are 180 gram vinyl (a distinction inaudible to 99% of the owners of this record) and a replica of the stupid booklet from the CD version (versus an actual lyric sheet in the Triple Crown pressing).

tl;dr: The Hobby. Search out the cheapest copy you can find. If anyone needs an orange AFS copy, I will sell it to you for more than I paid for it.

for what it's worth, i think the AFS 180g sounds significantly fuller. i am definitely not one to find subtle differences in pressings and sound, but i think it definitely adds a lot. i actually sold my triple crown to buy an AFS, just assuming that it probably sounded better. i think it did.

also, know this

AFS - Featuring double 180 gram vinyl, a full color gatefold jacket (spot-gloss finish) with black flood printing inside both pockets, and extra heavy solid black innersleeves. Also included in the packaging is an 8×8” booklet that includes the original CD artwork, and newly designed center labels.

TC - This release comes in gatefold packaging printed on White Vinyl with Lyric Sheet (which isn't included in AFS LP or any CD version), and has regular white dust sleeves. no gloss on jacket.

tl;dr: The Hobby. Search out the cheapest copy you can find. If anyone needs an orange AFS copy, I will sell it to you for more than I paid for it.

Hahaha. Wish more people were this honest.