The Misfits - The Devil's Rain

Said it before, I'll say it again: American Psycho and Famous Monsters are great records if judged separately.

Agreed, especially "American Psycho". I'd pick it up just to keep the collection nice and tidy really. It is a shame Jerry is singing on this one though, the second half of the album, especially, is snails pace mediocrity.

For the longest time I hated on the those two records, but someone made the exact same argument about judging them as something of a different band. When listening to the records in that mindset, they're both really enjoyable (and now I regret not getting a copy of Famous Monsters on the cheap when I could have). Someone gave me Project 1950 and while I enjoyed the packaging, the music was abysmal. I'll probably wait until this one comes around used and pick it up - I sort of like the songs on the 12", haven't heard the rest.

I'd go far as to say that it's getting worse with every listen. I always try hard with bands I love / used to love, but sometimes you've just gotta let go (like with the last Social Distortion album). "Land of The Dead" is probably up there as one of the best songs on it to be honest. It just feels so plodding, insipid and lifeless. It's obvious anyone that could write songs in this band is long gone now.

I read somewhere Jerry said this album is a "masterpiece" - he's fucking deluding himself. I think he thinks it's "Legacy of Brutality" crossed with "Project 1950" or something.

It's not.

I read somewhere Jerry said this album is a "masterpiece" - he's fucking deluding himself. I think he thinks it's "Legacy of Brutality" crossed with "Project 1950" or something.

It's not.

It amazes me when folks who create things like art or music or anything else can't realize when their best work is behind them or at the very least, that their current work doesn't match their best and needs to be retooled. Won't be wasting money on this record for completist purposes if it it's that bad.