Black Flag 7"s New Colored Vinyl Pressings

What is a Sixteen Oh?

Some boner.

Most SST tests are pretty common. A lot of them were circulated to radio stations much in the same way Dischord did with Out Of Step, etc...

My War as a test is pretty hard to get. Mine came with an insert, which is even harder to get it would seem. No idea on the numbers but take a look see on how often it has sold in the past 10 years and it will give you an inkling of how many are out there in the wild. Dukowski sold me the majority of the tests I have, I'm still missing Damaged, Jealous Again, and the 7" tests. From his knowledge there is no test of Nervous Breakdown as well, at least from the first press.

What is a Sixteen Oh?

Some boner.

Most SST tests are pretty common. A lot of them were circulated to radio stations much in the same way Dischord did with Out Of Step, etc...

My War as a test is pretty hard to get. Mine came with an insert, which is even harder to get it would seem. No idea on the numbers but take a look see on how often it has sold in the past 10 years and it will give you an inkling of how many are out there in the wild. Dukowski sold me the majority of the tests I have, I'm still missing Damaged, Jealous Again, and the 7" tests. From his knowledge there is no test of Nervous Breakdown as well, at least from the first press.

i'm kind of shocked by this, considering that it constitutes something of a 'business decision' by SST, who as far as I can tell have been content to keep an open edition of most releases for over a decade now with no variants (aside from the bizarre multi-format Black Flag eps, ie Six Pack on 7" AND 10").

not knocking the label, but it clearly hasn't been a labor of love for a loooong time. that hasn't stopped each successive generation of kids from picking up 'Brains, 'Flag, Huskers, & Minutemen lps. distributors clearly keep ordering, & those releases seem to cover expenses, a small staff, their Geocities bill, and all the cat food Greg must buy.

so why now?

That copy of My War on blue? Within the last couple of years.

[image]

[image]

Why now? You mean why forever? Because Greg likes to smoke weed and play guitar and hang with cats. I'm 28 and reading this board makes me feel like I'm 40.

I came....buckets

i'm kind of shocked by this, considering that it constitutes something of a 'business decision' by SST, who as far as I can tell have been content to keep an open edition of most releases for over a decade now with no variants (aside from the bizarre multi-format Black Flag eps, ie Six Pack on 7" AND 10").

not knocking the label, but it clearly hasn't been a labor of love for a loooong time. that hasn't stopped each successive generation of kids from picking up 'Brains, 'Flag, Huskers, & Minutemen lps. distributors clearly keep ordering, & those releases seem to cover expenses, a small staff, their Geocities bill, and all the cat food Greg must buy.

so why now?

That copy of My War on blue? Within the last couple of years.

[image]

[image]

Why now? You mean why forever? Because Greg likes to smoke weed and play guitar and hang with cats. I'm 28 and reading this board makes me feel like I'm 40.

I came....buckets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...