311 - Soundsystem 2xLP 180 gram HT exclusive

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I got my personal copy of this today. Ill get some pics posted sometime today. Its a nice package and the jackets are numbered. Not sure how they are numbering these cause the one I have is 2826

the photo of the record from HT is #2826, is that how it usually works, you get the photographed one? haha, just ordered this, I'm so excited.

Im sure these pictures will be on ebay shortly

[image]

[image]

[image]

Hey Travis. If there are only 500 of these, how did you end up with one #'d in the 2000?

I think they might be available from other retailers in a few months so they probably made more than 500. I didnt even know they would be numbered until I got this one.

I knew there would be more than 500 in total. They told me HT could have it exclusively for a certain amount of time since I was the one who got them to repress this. I wasnt sure exactly when everyone else would be able to sell it but now it looks like in a few months other places will have it.

Im guessing there are 3000 of these based on how the one is numbered that I have. I will try to find out for sure.

this was the update on the 311 board:

SOUNDSYSTEM:

available on vinyl January 17 exclusively at Hot Topic

then available in April at additional retailers and online

2LP set

180 gram vinyl

Limited Edition re-issue - Numbered on back cover

MUSIC:

available on vinyl on "Record Store Day" April 16 at independent retailers

then available in May/June at additional retailers and online

2LP set

180 gram vinyl

So this is sold out on HT.com but I have many more on the way in case anyone's still looking for it. Will probably be back up for sale on HT.com next week.

Ive been following the thread on the 311 message board about this and I know at least someone on there is on this board as well, so to answer a few questions I saw on there...

Pressing info...the label is telling me there's 5000

The reason this was on 180 gram black and not on some crazy colored vinyl like Sublime or other HT exclusives is because this is what the band wanted.

i know music is due up for a press, but are there chances of transistor being repressed? what about ST?

Possible. I dont know of anything going on right now for either of those though.

Wow I'm surprised this sold so quickly online-- but I think they way over shot the demand with 5000 of these. I guess they don't really care.. Their last three albums have been readily available on vinyl since their release dates mostly for under $20.

I would think the blue album would do really well since it sold 3 million copies.

The reason this was on 180 gram black and not on some crazy colored vinyl like Sublime or other HT exclusives is because this is what the band wanted.

Thanks for answering this! I'm the one who wondered about it over on the 311 board. Thanks, too, for all the great updates and for getting some of my favorite albums pressed, too! Much appreciated!

I ordered my copy of "Soundsystem" first thing Tuesday morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. The album artwork alone has me excited!