RECORD LABEL PEOPLE- POST OFFICE PROBLEMS?

To fellow label folk- how do you deal with things when the post office fucks up?

Every once in awhile I will get an irate customer who says they did not get their order. I make it a point to ALWAYS get orders out no more than 3-4 days after I receive an order (and that's usually when it is over a holiday, most all orders go out the next day). 3 out of 4 this happens times it's an international order that does not get to them.

Once in awhile it is someone who PayPals me and has an out-of-date address attached to their order. I have waited weeks upon weeks to get these orders returned to me, and a couple times, they were never returned.

I obviously feel bad when this happens because I always make sure to get orders out, package them appropriately, and keep all receipts/e-mails regarding the orders I send/receive, but sometimes the post office (both domestic and international) fuck up.

I have just sent new orders to replace what the P.O. failed to do a few times, and other times waited it out to see if things were returned to me and then re-sent to the customer.

How do the rest of you deal with this when the post office is at fault?

To fellow label folk- how do you deal with things when the post office fucks up?

Every once in awhile I will get an irate customer who says they did not get their order. I make it a point to ALWAYS get orders out no more than 3-4 days after I receive an order (and that's usually when it is over a holiday, most all orders go out the next day). 3 out of 4 this happens times it's an international order that does not get to them.

Once in awhile it is someone who PayPals me and has an out-of-date address attached to their order. I have waited weeks upon weeks to get these orders returned to me, and a couple times, they were never returned.

I obviously feel bad when this happens because I always make sure to get orders out, package them appropriately, and keep all receipts/e-mails regarding the orders I send/receive, but sometimes the post office (both domestic and international) fuck up.

I have just sent new orders to replace what the P.O. failed to do a few times, and other times waited it out to see if things were returned to me and then re-sent to the customer.

How do the rest of you deal with this when the post office is at fault?

I only send orders once a week, but besides the point I guess. I wish I could get to the post office every other day or so.

If the person is nice and pretty cool about it, I'll send em another one. If they're an asshole, I just tell em to fuck themselves, if I have proof that I sent the record. Not worth having assholes buying your records anyway.

I've never had a paypal claim against me, only one time when some dumbfuck label said I messed up on their printing, and I won that.

But yeah, being a nice person goes a long way.

I only send orders once a week, but besides the point I guess. I wish I could get to the post office every other day or so.

If the person is nice and pretty cool about it, I'll send em another one. If they're an asshole, I just tell em to fuck themselves, if I have proof that I sent the record. Not worth having assholes buying your records anyway.

I've never had a paypal claim against me, only one time when some dumbfuck label said I messed up on their printing, and I won that.

But yeah, being a nice person goes a long way.

Everything I send has a tracking number of some sort(even first class international has the customs form #), but it all depends on the attitude of the person contacting me.

Some people think we wait with baited breath with the tracking number for that persons order tracking number entered on the usps website hitting refresh every 10 seconds just making that single order gets there, when if it doesn't I generally don't know...I don't get an alert, but sometimes I get the packages back and sometimes I don't. I just got a package returned from fucking Hungary, which was a first for an international package...but yes, I've had people freak out and send me entire emails in CAPS LOCK ON type and those are the people that are hardest to deal with.

But I agree with Dave, the tone goes a looong way.

Everything I send has a tracking number of some sort(even first class international has the customs form #), but it all depends on the attitude of the person contacting me.

Some people think we wait with baited breath with the tracking number for that persons order tracking number entered on the usps website hitting refresh every 10 seconds just making that single order gets there, when if it doesn't I generally don't know...I don't get an alert, but sometimes I get the packages back and sometimes I don't. I just got a package returned from fucking Hungary, which was a first for an international package...but yes, I've had people freak out and send me entire emails in CAPS LOCK ON type and those are the people that are hardest to deal with.

But I agree with Dave, the tone goes a looong way.

I 99% of the time will reship the order even if its not our fault at all. All of our stuff has tracking number and our mail goes out every day so its pretty easy to figure out when something goes wrong. The only issue we ever really have is USPS not scanning packages after picking them up which is super frustrating because the message the customer sees when they try to track it says they haven't been picked up, but they have.

I 99% of the time will reship the order even if its not our fault at all. All of our stuff has tracking number and our mail goes out every day so its pretty easy to figure out when something goes wrong. The only issue we ever really have is USPS not scanning packages after picking them up which is super frustrating because the message the customer sees when they try to track it says they haven't been picked up, but they have.

I send everything domestic out via media mail. So it's going to take a little bit to get there anyway. But the prices I charge are already really cheap so unless it's international that's the way I'm sending it.

It's also hard to tell sometimes if someone is just saying they didn't get it so they can get free stuff. I highly doubt that's the issue, but it's a possibility.

Tone certainly does go a long way and I have sent out free stuff to those who understand what's going on.

But I truly hate when the post office just doesn't do their damn job.

I send everything domestic out via media mail. So it's going to take a little bit to get there anyway. But the prices I charge are already really cheap so unless it's international that's the way I'm sending it.

It's also hard to tell sometimes if someone is just saying they didn't get it so they can get free stuff. I highly doubt that's the issue, but it's a possibility.

Tone certainly does go a long way and I have sent out free stuff to those who understand what's going on.

But I truly hate when the post office just doesn't do their damn job.

Well yea I knew about that, but I actually meant for the sticker print out template I have. My mistake for not being specific. Thanks for the tip though!

*also for some reason it doesn't carry the address over via paypal when the order is through storenvy.com? It's pretty lame.

Well yea I knew about that, but I actually meant for the sticker print out template I have. My mistake for not being specific. Thanks for the tip though!

*also for some reason it doesn't carry the address over via paypal when the order is through storenvy.com? It's pretty lame.

The only issue we ever really have is USPS not scanning packages after picking them up which is super frustrating because the message the customer sees when they try to track it says they haven't been picked up, but they have.

This is the worst. I'm going through that right now.

I have like 4 packages I dropped off like a week ago and none of them have been scanned yet. They are in limbo or something.

The only issue we ever really have is USPS not scanning packages after picking them up which is super frustrating because the message the customer sees when they try to track it says they haven't been picked up, but they have.

I have like 4 packages I dropped off like a week ago and none of them have been scanned yet. They are in limbo or something.

Yeah. Sometimes we'll have literally hundreds of orders picked up that don't scan for faaaar too long. During that time, for all I know they got stolen or something.

Yeah. Sometimes we'll have literally hundreds of orders picked up that don't scan for faaaar too long. During that time, for all I know they got stolen or something.