FS/T: Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon *MINTYFRESH

ponyexpress

Sorry for the entire novel I managed to write below. For all of you who would prefer I just cut to the chase, the gist of this posting is this:

I'VE GOT A MINTY FRESH SEALED COPY OF THE ORIGINAL 2001 PRESSING OF BRAND NEW'S ALBUM "YOUR FAVORITE WEAPON" PRESSED BY IODINE RECORDS WHICH I'D LIKE TO SELL OR TRADE FOR CASH PLUS A COPY OF THE REPRESS, CASH ALONE, A COPY OF DEJA ENTENDU, OR SOME OTHER RECORDS. I AM SELLING DUE TO THE FACT THAT I JUST WANT A PLAYING COPY, AND THIS IS REALLY A RARE GEM THAT BELONGS IN SOMEONE MORE DESERVING OF ITS RECORD COLLECTION.

*** ANY REASONABLE OFFER WILL BE ACCEPTED, SO DON'T HESITATE TO ASK.

Alright, there. I cut to the chase, now for those of you that have all damn day:

I'm guessing you all know (or at least should know) Brand New's album "Your Favorite Weapon" has finally been repressed on vinyl after ten long years, I bought my copy of the original pressing about 7 years ago and it has been stored upright and untouched on my record collection shelf ever since. The result? A mint condition copy of the original pressing.

Now, thats great and all... But this is one of those records in my collection that I would absolutely love to listen to on a consistent basis and enjoy it, and just can't justify opening.

I mean, its spent its entire decade long lifetime sealed and has continued only continued to grow in demand over those years. So, since Brand New isn't one of the bands that I collect religiously, I'd just as soon own an unsealed copy of the original pressing that I'd be able to actually listen to, or a copy of the repress that I wouldn't feel guilty for opening.

This honestly belongs in the record bin of a true Brand New fan who never got the chance to get the record before it went out of print. You know, that fan that is such a diehard fan of the band and collector of vinyl that the repress just won't do. Because while I admittedly do love both the band and this album, for me - as far as Brand New goes - I'm more concerned with just listening to the records than I am collecting them.

Rather than sell it, I would prefer to trade it for/towards any of the three following options:

A.) another copy of the original pressing that has been opened and played but is in EXC condition with no defects

B.) a sealed (or unsealed and in NM condition) copy of Brand New's Deja Entendu. Again, I don't have any particular preference on the pressing. Just another record I've got to have.

Or, C.) a partial trade including the new copy of the 10th anniversary repress plus cash or other records.

However, if you don't have any of the above, I will take cash offers that way i can just go out and buy the copy that will replace this on on my own time or spend it on the Neutral Milk Hotel boxset :)

I had made an offer of $160 to a guy for his open copy but haven't heard anything back so I'm just throwing that out the window.

I'm not trying to get a ridiculous amount of money for the record, though I do know that it is worth something considering the fact that I've seen unsealed copies going for over $150 on most occasions.

If you're a cool kid that can at least have a decent conversation and stay in touch, I'm much more apt to cut you a better deal. I'm an easy kid to bargain with, so just send me an offer.

If you want to just do a straight up record trade, message me for a list of things I would be willing to swap this for.

Shoot me any offers through a PM if you're interested. You can also reply through the board, though it may take me a little longer to respond to.

Thanks for looking guys. And again, while I do want to get a fair amount for this record, I'm not trying to get anything off the wall so don't hesitate to shoot me an offer. The worst I could do is say no, but I might just say yes.

I'm aware of that, clearly.

I'd even take $100, I didnt know Iodine had them for sale but thats as low as they go, I'm not trying to make money I just figured someone might want an original pressing for their collection. Because this isnt a "collection" piece to me so much as it is a record i just want to listen to. hell, id even trade it for $75 and a copy of the reissue when its released. Just figured someone else might appreciate it more. Thanks.

I'd consider doing the trade for $75 and the new press. But I don't know yet. Colors still aren't confirmed, and it might be some crazy awesome color. :P I literally preordered mine within thirty minutes of SRC sending out the email, and everyone says that the first people who preordered get the most limited pressings until they run out. But we don't know if there will even be more than one color or not, from SRC. HT will have a custom color, but it's /1000. SRC could mix it up. We'll see. I'd rather have a repress of this and put the money toward a copy of Deja, instead of having a ten year old press of this.

I'm aware of that, clearly.

I'd even take $100, I didnt know Iodine had them for sale but thats as low as they go, I'm not trying to make money I just figured someone might want an original pressing for their collection. Because this isnt a "collection" piece to me so much as it is a record i just want to listen to. hell, id even trade it for $75 and a copy of the reissue when its released. Just figured someone else might appreciate it more. Thanks.

If you're not "trying to make money" then sell it for $8. That was the original price. :)

Not really that interested in We Are The Romans :/

I'd be interested in the following albums plus cash or other records:

The Album Leaf (LP Lot) - In A Safe Place and A Chorus Of Storytellers +$50

Brand New - Deja Entendu

Built To Spill - Nothing Wrong With Love

Flake Music* - When You Land Here, It's Time To Return

Final Fantasy - Has A Good Home (+cash or other records)

Jose Gonzales - In Our Nature (+cash or other records)

Mark Kozelek - If You Want Blood

Red House Painters - Down Colourful Hill

Salem - Yes, I Smoke Crack EP

The Books - The Way Out (Limited Rainbow Splatter Vinyl)

This Town Needs Guns - Animal

This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain (Glow-in-the-dark pressing)

• 3 weeks later...
i was wondering if you still have this one available??

my boyfriend is a HUGE Brand New fan and this would be the absolute perfect gift for Christmas. ;D

I am willing to pay double of what you asked. Please, let me know. i would really appreciate it!!!

-kat

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My brain just imploded!