VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Wrestlemania 29 will feature the first match live via satellite

Not to be a total buzzkill on your great joke (I laughed pretty hard) but WM2 was held in 4 cities and had the crowd watch via satellite.

lol right after i hit "Post Reply" I was like shit they did do that already, but it's still fitting.

speaking of belts.. the spinner HAS to go. ferreal.. enough.

Yes sir. It's just like Steve Austin's "Smoking Skull" belt. If anyone else carries it, it looks awkward. The spinner is John Cena's belt; everyone else looks like a goof with it.

i just bought tickets for Raw Live in Syracuse. May 12. The advertised main event is CM Punk/John Cena vs. Y2J/Dolph Ziggler. Very excited, especially if Y2J is really going to be there. And i hope D. Bryan is still champ so i can yell "YES! YES! YES! YES!," but i am not too confident that he will be.

I heard Jericho will be around for two more PPVs (Mania and the next). So he should still be around the beginning of May no?

Oh, OK. i didn't hear that. Thanks man!

i read the Smackdown spoilers and...uh, it doesn't sound good. For some reason, i am losing interest more and more in Wrestlemania. i'll still watch it and, when the promo videos hit, i'm sure i'll mark out and get pumped up for the show, but right now, i'm just not feeling it. Too much Rock, too much HHH/Undertaker/HBK. i'm sure they will put on a good show; maybe i'm just tired of all the hype and want to see the show now.

There's nothing 100% on Jericho. It's all rumors and hearsay. The WWE is very tight lipped on the contract Jericho got, but it seems strange to just bring him back for two PPVs. There were a lot of rumours saying the Punk/Jericho feud will stretch out until SummerSlam. There were also some rumours that Punk drops the belt to Jericho at Mania then regains at the next PPV because it's in Chicago. So who knows.

As for Mania I really only want to see three of the matches. Punk v. Jericho, Bryan v. Shaemous and the 12 man tag. There's a lot of chatter going around that Show v. Cody will be a squash match to conserve time. Show walks into ring punchs Cody int he face then covers him to win the belt. But I really doubt they're going to bother putting the IC belt on Show.

im kind of upset with myself as a wrestling fan..

in the midst of this weekends drunken shenanigans, i got into a collegiate match with a friend of mine in the backyard. and while i was WOOing the entire time, and even called out the "austin needs a beer" between rounds- i won the decision, and my first instinct wasnt YES!! YES!! YESS!!!

and for that, im sorry everyone :(

noo.. i tried to work a triangle towards the end. but now that videos are popping up on facebook, im realizing the fight was 90% headlocks while rolling around on the grass

i keep meaning to, but i always forget about it. Despite my initial hesitance, i watched Smackdown this week. The matches were decent, actually. i just hate, hate, hate that they take up time to show the Raw Rebound. Zack Ryder and Jack Swagger actually had a pretty good match, and the main event of Miz/Bryan vs. Punk/Sheamus was good, too. And Khali dressed as Ryder was the weirdest/funniest thing i've seen on WWE this year. So awkward.

Smackdown wasn't that bad. But yes the Raw Rebound each week is annoying. It's not as bad as when they used to show a match from the "Smackdown Vault".

Yes! That was even dumber than the Rebound, haha.

My WrestleMania situation:

Every year one of my softball teams gets together to watch Wrestlemania, it's usually a good time. This year it's at this one guys house though. This guy is also in a fantasy hockey pool I run. For the past two years (since he joined the pool) he's been nothing but a pain in the ass. He constantly sends me e-mails with "suggestions" on how I could make the league "better". Most them make absolutely no sense and are far outside of what you can actually do using a website to run your fantasy league (cbs). On top of that if he loses a match-up he questions the scoring and and how there must be something wrong or I changed something. Neither of which are ever true. Up until a couple weeks ago I've just sort of ignored it, but there's only so much one person can take.

The other week he sent me an e-mail saying there was a problem with the scoring because he lost his game and he should have won and he should have been in first instead of second. Of course there was nothing wrong with the score and he was two games out of first so there was no chance he was actually in first. I explained everything to him and he full out said no I was wrong (on the league message board for everyone to read). I reassured him that I was right and he backed off. The worst part of this is he's an alcoholic so I get 99% of these e-mails when he's drunk and he'll send me e-mails and texts until I finally respond.

So now I'm in a situation that if I go watch Wrestlemania at this dudes house I'll have to badgered about our hockey league (which he's being kicked out of after the season is over) all night. Thus making it next to impossible for me to enjoy the card. Meanwhile those are the only friends I have that watch wrestling. So it's either that or buy the PPV on my own which sucks because it's close to $70 after taxes and that's a lot for a PPV which I feel will be mediocre at best.

Anyways. Just felt like sharing my story.

Stream it, or put the baby in his place. How does scoring get messed up anyways? All the leagues I have been in has it put in by the hosting site (yahoo, espn) so its not like YOU imported the data wrong or something.

Besides, the card seems kinda weak. You got Punk/Jericho and Bryan/Sheamus as the two best matches. Rumors of Rhodes/Show being a squash is going around, the 6 man tag will suck as it will be Santino vs Otunga with the gms fighting on the outside. I do think the divas match will be great though. Eve vs her best buddy! Maria Menounous vs Beth! Oh the intrigue I have for that...

Two other guys will be there who know about the whole situation, they're actually debating going as well because they don't want to hear him bitch and complain about it all night either.

I think I might just skip watching it live. The only match I really want to see is Punk/Jericho and I'm not dropping $70 for one match.