VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Terrible, stupid, awful RAW. The only mildly redeeming factor was Punk/Bryan/AJ. Coming off the awesome Destination X, this felt even worse. i'm sure MITB will be a good PPV, but the build last night was not there at all. i watched all the way to the end just to see the main event, and we only got about 5 minutes of wrestling. The Cena/Kane/Show/Jericho tag match was stupid, i hate the Big Show, and why was Kane tagging with Cena? They just feuded a few months ago and tried to kill each other!

The Christian/Kidd vs. Tensai/Ziggler match had potential, but, what did they get, 2 minutes? i really hope that they don't take Kidd out of MITB due to the "vicious assault" after the match by Tensai. Also, Drew McIntyre jobs again!

The most frightening thing i learned last night is that i like Heath Slater more than John Cena or the Big Show. Are either of them the one man band?

EDIT: Oh my gosh. Can't believe i forgot that the Anonymous Raw GM was Hornswoggle! That little guy has been in so many bad angles. But, yeah, they bring that storyline back for one night and the "payoff" is barely anything. And if 75% of the "WWE Universe" wanted to see Cole and Lawler wrestle again, i don't want to exist in that universe anymore.

I saw the opening angle, and then saw they announced the tag match with Cena etc and said this Raw will suck and watched a rerun of 24 instead. I turned back in to catch the Cole/Lawler match and Hornswaggle being the GM. I thought it might go up with Bryan/punk but they barely wrestled. All I gotta say is that Hornswaggle being the GM was better than that terrible opening proposal angle. Jesus, I cant even say how bad it was. Id rather watch Steiner vs HHH at the Rumble than this stupid angle play out.

You have to think that they've only announced 4 guys for the WWE Champ match, meaning there are four spots open which means they'll have "secret" guys added to the match.

The Rock tweeted today that he'll be back at 1000th episode of Raw for the WWE belt. What better way to have ratings go through the roof than to have The Rock win MiTB then come out and say he's cashing it in at the 1000th episode of Raw.

Another possible scenario to boost ratings. Cena wins MiTB cashes in becomes champ. 1000th episode of Raw The Rock shows up (he's confirmed he'll be there). Comes out, blah blah blah I beat you at Mania, blah blah blah, your fruit pebble ass better put that title on the line blah blah blah The Rock beats Cena to become WWE Champ.

Man, i don't know how i would feel about that. On the one hand, it would definitely be unexpected and i'd probably mark, but i think it would do more long term damage that would outweigh any good that it would do.

I dont think they would put Rock on a PPV without promoting it. Hell, they promoted that Lesnars Camp would make a statement that was they would make a statement at another show. They would promote the hell out of Rocky being in a match if it meant 1 more dollar being spent by a fan. Prepare to be dissapointed with Show winning and cashing in on D Bry or something equally dumb.

Most likely, Punk and Bryan will close the show. When was the last time Cena didnt get to be in the main event? It seems like even with the belt on Punk that Cena still got the last match.

i believe the last PPV Punk closed was TLC last year. He only gets to headline Ladder-themed shows.

It's stupid how much creative has buried Punk and the WWE Championship.

The champion should have to carry John Cena over his shoulder instead of a belt.

i thought the concept was cool, but the execution was lacking, mostly due to the participants. Didn't they change one at the last minutes? It was supposed to be Khali/Taker or something and it got changed to Taker/Show at the PPV or a day before?