VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i thought the concept was cool, but the execution was lacking, mostly due to the participants. Didn't they change one at the last minutes? It was supposed to be Khali/Taker or something and it got changed to Taker/Show at the PPV or a day before?

Yeah I can't remember why. That was like Great American Bash 06 right? That was a shit PPV.

del rio defeats sheamus

sin cara cashes in mitb on del rio

maybe?

either way, these two are basically a lock to feud moving forward.

great match from these two tonight. crowd was into it. obviously you expect adr to win, but sin cara had enough offense to keep it interesting and get the crowd hot.

That would be the worst thing possible. Especially since he is not very well liked in the locker room. I'm pretty sure I've read in multiple places that they're just riding out his contract now. I'd except Del Rio to have a belt around his waist before Sin Cara. I'd also except Kidd to get it before SC because they've been pushing Kidd fairly hard on twitter etc.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth v. Hunico & Camacho- How the hell do Hunacho get a tag title shot? i thought PTP were the number 1 contenders. Kingston and Truth retain via the "Who's Evan Bourne?" suplex/leg drop combo.

WWE Championship MiTB- No care ever. Y2J wins via an "i'm better than this" determination to climb the ladder just to save himself some dignity.

Punk v. Bryan- Bryan wins the match of the year and then gets rewarded by being "Big Show'ed" by whomever won the WWE title MITB (most likely Cena).

Heavyweight Title MiTB-Really, anyone could win this and i'd be happy. Except Sin Cara.

Sheamus v. Del Rio-Sheamus.

AW said on twitter that they were offered a shot at the titles but it was the pre-show and the PTP arent pre-show they are main event guys so they passed up the shot at the titles tonight. I think it was some back peddling as they probably forgot that PTP were the number 1 contenders.

even if that happens to be a cover up after the fact, its still A+ character development

i really enjoyed him being on the mic throughout their match on smackdown, but the crowd really needs to be more involved. otherwise it comes off a bit awkward

as for tonight, i just plan on streaming it... arrest me! but im more than prepared to be disappointed by 75% of the results.

even if that happens to be a cover up after the fact, its still A+ character development

I agree with you on that, just wish it would have been said on Raw or Smackdown. The lack of flow from the writers/Vince just gets annoying after so long that it seems like Twitter is there to just save their asses down the road.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth v. Hunico & Camacho- Kofi/Truth.

WWE Championship MiTB- Cena, not like I'm thrilled about it. Dude's been out of the title picture for nearly a year now, which is probably the longest in many, many years. Cena wins, cashes in on Punk, loses, then gets a rematch at Summerslam and wins due to outside involvement (Bryan? The Rock?), setting up Cena v. Rock at Wrestlemania next year.

Punk v. Bryan- Punk retains to keep the Little Title Reign That Could alive.

Heavyweight Title MiTB- If it's not Ziggler, then the bookers aren't listening to the crowd.

Sheamus v. Del Rio- Could go either way. I predict Sheamus retains tonight but gets the shit kicked out of him, then Del Rio wins the rematch at SS. (Maybe it'll be a submission match or something.)

The presumed Ryback v. some jobber match- FEED ME MORE.

The presumed Heath Slater v. some "Legend" match- "I'M A ONE MAN BAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNDDDDDD and I will also lose to, I don't know, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz or something tonight."

Is it wrong for me to hope that the WWE Championship match will be the opening match, with D. Bryan winning due to some AJ involvement, thus fueling Punk to go crazy, join the MITB match for the WWE Championship and go for his third MITB victory?

As long as Tensai doesn't win MITB, I'll be happy.