VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Yeah. I've read the second Foley book, and it's really good. I plan on reading the first whenever I find a copy around. It's supposed to be better than the second actually. I'll probably read Jericho's next if my library has it. I've always thought he was a pretty funny guy. From reviews I've seen around, the books talked about are really the only decent ones. Hitman is supposed to be the end all, be all, but I found it dragged in a lot of places, and I question the truth about a lot of stuff in it. It's still a very interesting read though.

i'm surprised that Dolph survived to the end of that match. Between Sin Cara's botch and Tensai manhandiling him over the table, i thought he'd be killed. Tyson was awesome and i thought he might actually pull it out. Decent match overall.

All in all it was a good PPV. I don't mind that I dropped the money on it. The Punk/Bryan match was amazing. The Smackdown MiTB match was great. Raw MiTB match was entertaining (you have to give props to The Miz and Jericho for showing up just to take bumps).

I really thought Shaemous was going to lose the title. I completely agree with enjoyadrian I hate that he's been shoved down our throats as an invincible brawler since Mania. The bit with Ziggler after the title match was unnecesary.

The rest of the PPV was forgetable. Tag match, boring. Divas match, who cares. Ryback, why is he still on tv.

But yeah all i all good. A little predictable, but a very good PPV.

you could run over sheamus with a fucking tank, but if you turn your back on him for one second to celebrate while the camera conveniently pans away, BROGUE.

fuck cena and sheamus. make it fucking stop.

Cena you had to see coming. He's been out of the title picture for over a year, and while I'm not holding my breath on it, maybe he'll help put Punk over. There has been a lot of talk about Punk turning heel too, and that would work perfectly in a feud against Cena. I don't mind Cena that much because he's the face of the WWE. I'm not exactly a fan but I understand that they have to put him in and around the title every now and then because at the end of the day he is "the man".

Shaemous on the other hand, is shit and I hate that they're trying to build him up to be Cena v2.0. There's no way he could ever be the face of the company.

what was the point of bringing jericho back if you have him job out for half a year. I can't think of any big match he won in the past half year.

Also, as much as i like punk, it was disappointing to see him win so clean. You build up AJ being the ref and she's "crazy" and can do anything, and she just performs the job of a normal ref. They're doing with punk and bryan what they did with orton and christian. Same old shit (albeit awesome matches), dif ppv.

also, does santino annoy the shit out of anyone else? Would rather have seen rider in there.

Jericho is back to put young guys over. That's what he did with Punk. Last night he was just there to take bumps.

Pretty sure normal refs don't toss chairs into the ring, stand in front a chair when a wrestler trys to use it, but moves out of the way when another wrestler goes to use it. Didn't you see how she was reacting to the two beating the shit out of each other near the end of the match? I think they did a great job with her and almost expect her to snap out of her crazy tonight on Raw.

i thought the PPV was decent, if not a little below average. Two good to great matches (Smackdown MITB and Punk/Bryan) and then a lot of filler followed by an OK Raw MITB. The spot where they buried Big Show was different, but the ending was not good. Jericho hangs onto Cena's neck with all of his body weight for a good minute and Cena can still climb up the ladder, fight off the Big Show, and retrieve the case? Sure.

My question regarding the Ziggler thing is why didnt the ref ring the bell after Dolph was layed out? Dolph told him he was ready and to ring the bell and got laid out before the ref called for the bell, but the ref should have still called for it. I mean, they will start the match with Sheamus down why not Ziggler?

Ryback was boring and lame. Divas were terrible, the tag match was painful but the rest of the ppv was good. I enjoyed the ADR match quite a bit and really thought he was going to win. Bryan/Punk was incredible as always.

Kofi Kingston & R-Truth v. Hunico & Camacho- Kofi/Truth.

WWE Championship MiTB- Cena, not like I'm thrilled about it. Dude's been out of the title picture for nearly a year now, which is probably the longest in many, many years. Cena wins, cashes in on Punk, loses, then gets a rematch at Summerslam and wins due to outside involvement (Bryan? The Rock?), setting up Cena v. Rock at Wrestlemania next year.

Punk v. Bryan- Punk retains to keep the Little Title Reign That Could alive.

Heavyweight Title MiTB- If it's not Ziggler, then the bookers aren't listening to the crowd.

Sheamus v. Del Rio- Could go either way. I predict Sheamus retains tonight but gets the shit kicked out of him, then Del Rio wins the rematch at SS. (Maybe it'll be a submission match or something.)

The presumed Ryback v. some jobber match- FEED ME MORE.

The presumed Heath Slater v. some "Legend" match- "I'M A ONE MAN BAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYNNNNNDDDDDD and I will also lose to, I don't know, Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz or something tonight."

Would you look at that, I got every single announced match right, and even one of the unannounced matches! (Predicting the outcome of Ryback squashes is really hard, too.)

I bought the PPV and don't regret it—I re-watched almost all of it this morning before work and noticed a bunch more spots in the MITB matches than I caught the first time around. Did anyone else see how right when the bell rang for the Smackdown MITB match, Santino just JUMPS into the air, trying to get the briefcase? Now that's effective comedy wrestling.

My question regarding the Ziggler thing is why didnt the ref ring the bell after Dolph was layed out? Dolph told him he was ready and to ring the bell and got laid out before the ref called for the bell, but the ref should have still called for it. I mean, they will start the match with Sheamus down why not Ziggler?

That little segment was so awkward.

Would you look at that, I got every single announced match right, and even one of the unannounced matches! (Predicting the outcome of Ryback squashes is really hard, too.)

I bought the PPV and don't regret it—I re-watched almost all of it this morning before work and noticed a bunch more spots in the MITB matches than I caught the first time around. Did anyone else see how right when the bell rang for the Smackdown MITB match, Santino just JUMPS into the air, trying to get the briefcase? Now that's effective comedy wrestling.

Yeah, the commentators mentioned that Santino tried to jump. i thought that it would have been great if, before the match started, Sandow cut a promo stating that he is above such a brutal and reckless match, let the other guys battle it out, and then returned to the match at the end to (try to) grab the briefcase. Didn't really fit with his character to be in that environment, but i am glad he was on a PPV in a high-profile match.

And, even though it was pretty obvious, i think it's interesting that Cena won MITB. Now we have an interesting storyline in who he will cash it in on, when he will do it, and whether or not he will turn heel by cashing in on a weakened champ or if he will announce it beforehand. Perhaps it will spice up his character. Or, perhaps he will start Raw with a ten minute promo rife with "comedy" and movie references.

vegas gets worst crowd of the year slammy for failing to start a fucking YES chant while we waited for AJ's answer.

pretty good program tonight, with a lot of things considered...

rey myserio returns.

cena does cena.

tout. holy fucking hell tout. tout could be the straw that breaks this camels back.