VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I think Punk's turn is ridiculous. He has the talent to make a much better turn, but they turn him by having him pin Cena after interference? The same thing Cena did when he had the cage match with Big Show and used 5 other guys to attack him? Then he gets more heat for attacking the Rock who has done nothing but come around and attack Cena for the past year after/during matches? Stupidest fucking way to turn him.

Also, why did AJ say no/agree to the wedding? She said that Vince asked her earlier that day, yet she said to Bryan last week? Why would becoming GM change her mind? Also, she does the absolute worst "YES" chant and she moves her arms like a chicken. She should stop stealing from others momentum and get some for her own. Her as GM will fail if she isnt able to make this change.

Selfrelaible, I was annoyed with the very same thing. She spent a week planning for a wedding that she was going to go through with, but taking over as gm was enough to fuck over the guy that you loved enough to marry a few hours ago?

The whole AJ angle has never made enough sense. As soon as it starts to make any sense, they just change the direction to something that counteracts the previous weeks work. It would be an incredible character (with a poor actress in my eyes) but they just keep dicking her around so she cant get her feet stable.

I did enjoy Zack thinking he figured out GTV though and Cena and Mean Gene shutting him down on it.

The 6 man tag match was dumb. That whole scene is a total shitshow right now, and this match really exposed it. Zigglers feuding with Jericho, but the briefcase keeps his attention on sheamus. But sheamus is still tied up with del rio, who's now found himself mixed up with sin cara AND Rey?

Sheamus/Del Rio feud is over. They're announcing the new #1 contender for Sheamus' belt on Smackdown this week.

Austin has said multiple times that he'll only come back to the WWE if he's the main attraction. Last night he clearly would not have been.

no one's mentioned the new raw theme! the only thing that makes me feel good about the 3 hour time slot is that i dont have to endure nickelback throughout anymore. whatever it is, it sounded like it sucked ass (of course), but it seemed to indistinguishable each time it came on. the more generic it is, the easier it will be to ignore for the next 3 million times.

no one's mentioned the new raw theme! the only thing that makes me feel good about the 3 hour time slot is that i dont have to endure nickelback throughout anymore. whatever it is, it sounded like it sucked ass (of course), but it seemed to indistinguishable each time it came on. the more generic it is, the easier it will be to ignore for the next 3 million times.

From what I read it was used just for the 1000 episode and they are going back to Nickelback. :(

The whole AJ angle has never made enough sense. As soon as it starts to make any sense, they just change the direction to something that counteracts the previous weeks work. It would be an incredible character (with a poor actress in my eyes) but they just keep dicking her around so she cant get her feet stable.

I did enjoy Zack thinking he figured out GTV though and Cena and Mean Gene shutting him down on it.

Yeah, i feel the same way about the AJ angle. Never really made sense why she would be going after Punk when he never really showed any interest in her apart from saying offhandedly that he "digs crazy chicks." And then, Bryan, who felt that she cursed him at 'Mania, suddenly falls in love with her after she kisses both him and Punk, slaps them both, and puts them through a table? Don't even get me started on the wedding and why she had to call it off to become GM. Or why the Board of Directors of a huge corporation would put a mentally unstable woman with no business experience in charge of its flagship program. Most of the time, i just use the phrase "It's WWE: it doesn't have to make sense."

On the other hand, those three are three of my favorites. They could have had them resurrect the Katie Vick angle and i would have been OK with it since they are on TV every week.

From what I read it was used just for the 1000 episode and they are going back to Nickelback. :(

Yeah I heard this too. I wonder if the set will change permanently or if the set was a one time thing too. I hope they go back cause I have tickets to raw in 2 weeks and they were already in the kind of behind side of stage. New set is much wider

outasight - tonight is the night was the 1000 theme song, but not the track that was playing in place of nickelback the whole show (even though that song did repeat the lyrics "tonight is the night" about 20 times)

I didn't get a chance to see it. Decided Olympic ceremony was slightly more important but did Miz retain his title against Christian? I flipped over for like 30 seconds to see that match and Christian pummeling Miz... I'm hoping the Intercontinental stays AWESOME for a little bit longer than a week.

i think so? i was so excited that i had a friday night with nothing to do, and could just hang out and watch smackdown.

instead i started packing up my stuff for the move last night, and paid more attention to the sox game (lol)

all i saw were miz/christian and ryback/mahal. and of course constant raw recaps.

They are letting her finish up her dates she had agreed to. Usually when WWE signs a talent they let them keep their dates already booked as a sign of good faith to the other company. My friends went and saw Danielson and Nigel's last match in ROH after it was announced they were leaving and they put on a hell of a going away party for the two of them.