VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

i hate to say this because i love the guy, but CM Punk's promo from last night was just kind of flat. In fact, that whole segment sort of felt that way for me. i love all four of them, but something was missing for me. i know Bryan isn't the best on the mic, but to me, he surpassed Punk in that segment. i loved his "second base" jab at Kane. AJ is coming into her own, as well.

Other than that segment, other highlights for me were, suprisingly, Sheamus/Tensai. It was a stiff match that wasn't amazing, but pretty good. The post match beatdown, on the other hand, was a face palm-inducing waste of time. i also enjoyed the four way match, especially when it came down to Christian/Ziggler.

Punk's promos have been flat for the past couple of weeks. Ever since his feud with Jericho ended he's been sort of boring.

i'd agree. i don't know why he's not feuding with Laurinitis instead of Cena. Of course, his matches with Bryan have been great, so i can't complain too much.

I'm happy they've kept Cena out of the title picture for a while now. He doesn't need to be the champ. He's their #1 guy and putting a belt on him is pointless. Let Punk run with the title for a while to help build him up. I think they're running with this Bryan/Punk feud to help build both of them to top company men.

I actually missed the Punk/Bryan promo as that was when the pizza was out of the oven but I caught everything else on the show. For being a three hour episode it wasnt that painful. It still had its moments (Tensai spending a whole segment beating up a pointless character, AJ being in the main event even though earlier in the show the women could only wrestle the women and men only the men) but it had its good moments too. Sheamus match was better than I expected, though I dont understand why Albert cant ever be taken off his feet besides when he takes a finisher. The 4 way was good for being very predictable and I enjoyed the moments with Vince backstage actually.

the only thing worse than tensais post match beatdown was the extra 20 minutes of the cage match. hit kofi. stare at crowd. hit kofi. stare at crowd. hit kofi again. stare at crowd. slowly exit the cage.

But the Big Show is so dominating. He took out a man that weighs half of what he does while contained in a steel cage. Not just anyone with a 200 pound weight advantage and also a 1 foot height advantage can do that.

I dont understand how they can fuck up having a giant man act like a monster, but they sure have done it.

so many people yelling at him in the front rows during that segment... because hes a heel. i would give anything to stand on a ladder, look paul white in the eyes and tell him to go the fuck away forever.

dude youve got that horribly backwards. his promo work as a heel has been streets ahead of the same tired goofy bullshit weve been watching for years now.

but i really dont care which side of the plate hes on... and im biased, because ive NEVER liked him... but his matches have been the same loafy routine his entire career. how many more times do we have to see it?

Oh I was just talking about how they booked him. When he is a face they just bury him in the midcard, so his matches are over quicker, as a heel, they push him to the top and take forever. Id rather sit through his bad comedy knowing it will result in a three minute match with Cody, then a 10 minute match with kofi where he does nothing but make faces like he needs to shit.

dude youve got that horribly backwards. his promo work as a heel has been streets ahead of the same tired goofy bullshit weve been watching for years now.

His promos now are just horrible rehash of Henry's character from a year ago. Show needs to go. He's horrible in the ring and he keeps hurting people. First it was Ziggler, then Barrett and now Del Rio. He's sloppy as shit in his old age and I'm hoping creative giving him his wrestlemania moment is a signal that his time is almost up.

Vince also telling Johnny that Show hasn't been good since 1999 might also be a hint that he's not long for the company.

BUT on the other hand the WWE is not doing any cuts until after Linda's election. So basically the WWE is going to suck until November.

Sad news, Johnny Ace will be gone after No Way Out. He's been removed from the WWE corporate website and with the added stipulations to Cena v. Show you know it's going to happen.

Stupid stipulations for a match already over-booked. You have a steel cage, the two top authority figures at ringside, and the top guy in the company already in it; they had to add something else to make it that much more interesting? How about adding a stipulation to another match? Maybe making another match a cage match to fit the theme of the PPV? No?

Its not like Cena losing and being fired means he wont be around. Last time he was fired he was on Raw more than usual.

Im on the fence about Big Johnny. He messes his lines up all the time, but him interacting with Otunga and his stupid grin when he screws someone over is amazing.

I used to like Johnny but I find ever since Mania he's just gotten annoying. If you noticed he was only announced as the GM for Raw and Smackdown on Raw as well. He's lost his title of VP Of Talent Relations, a title which has been passed over to Triple H. I really think Show is going to lose and we're going to see both Johnny and Show sent packing.

I hope they just fix the mess of who is in charge and can do what. Vince was relieved by HHH, who has the power to fire Johnny Ace at anytime the board said, but he didnt cause he was too concerned with the Undertaker, but now Johnny is making iron clad contracts with Lesnar and Show, but Vince is doing a performance review and adding stipulations to matches. God, I miss the days of it being a computer that had sheets of paper on it for Cole to read.

so bret hart was signing autographs at a baseball game yesterday. i went and stood in line for an hour. had him sign my toy title belt and shook his hand. obviously i was awe struck and only said "...hi bret.... i've been looking forward to this all day... :wub: " then his security dude shoo'd me away. best 15 seconds of my year. if the line hadn't have been so long i would've gotten back in it to use my NEXT 15 seconds to ask for a hug and touch him.

I thought the best part was Vader and the you still got it chants;) I heard awhile ago that Johnny was going since the ratings have been down since he took over both shows. Makes sense since the story isn't working. It's still weird to see the wwe champion being treated like he is the intercontinental champion. I know Cena is the franchise but man the belt kinda seems meaningless the way they have been treating it. It might as well be the world championship belt.