VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

ok, i take it back. punk/bryan was awesome.

the whole card was pretty damn good as far as the performances. but im irked that the ic title was the only one to change hands last night.

ok, i take it back. punk/bryan was awesome.

the whole card was pretty damn good as far as the performances. but im irked that the ic title was the only one to change hands last night.

i was thinking that with all of the faces winning early on, D. Bry would be a shoe-in for the WWE title, but obviously that didn't happen.

that was terrible. absolutely fucking terrible.

Raw? Yeah. Yes, it was. i've realized that the only characters i care about right now are Jericho, Punk, Bryan, and Sandow (once he wrestles). They've made Ziggler and Swagger uninteresting, i'm bored with Johnny Ace and Otunga, and no one else really has a character that i can relate to or care anything for. The moment i switched back to Raw and saw Orton vs. Del Rio, i knew i was doomed.

their inability to program a show is REALLY getting on my nerves. santino introduces del rio, and after an awkward amount of space between his music hitting and him actually appearing, he makes his entrance. music continues playing, and we go to break. come back, music still playing, and now its time for a randy orton entrance. 2 minutes into the match, commercial break.

its really getting out of hand with the in match breaks. spare us the damn entrances... weve all heard their themes a thousand times too many. show us the wrestling

and the fact that the show ended with the camera on cena rather than providing some resolve to what happened with the entire roster in the ring was terrible.

cena/big show - FUCK.

orton/del rio - FUCK.

beth/kelly kelly... again - FUCK.

the likely sheamus/tensai feud were about to get hit with - FUCK.

bryan/punk is literally the only portion of that show i cared to watch, and i think thats gonna be the case for the next month

So if Johnny hired Show back Saturday than shouldn't he be fired now for interfering in the match? Whoever is writing and booking should be fired. I dig the Punk/Bryan and Jericho/Orton angle but the rest is blah. I mean the Big Show has been a joke for months with Henry/Bryan/Rhodes beating him and now we are supposed to think he has chance to beat Cena? I know this isn't high brow television but I also don't want to have my intelligence insulted. Bring back the build ups that took months and the fueds that lasted for a year. I know they are catering to the new wrestling fan who wants instant gratification but come on.

So if Johnny hired Show back Saturday than shouldn't he be fired now for interfering in the match? Whoever is writing and booking should be fired. I dig the Punk/Bryan and Jericho/Orton angle but the rest is blah. I mean the Big Show has been a joke for months with Henry/Bryan/Rhodes beating him and now we are supposed to think he has chance to beat Cena? I know this isn't high brow television but I also don't want to have my intelligence insulted. Bring back the build ups that took months and the fueds that lasted for a year. I know they are catering to the new wrestling fan who wants instant gratification but come on.

They touched on the Saturday thing during Raw. Michael Cole said they had a verbal agreement on Saturday and that the contract wasn't "signed" until late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Everything that I read was that the script had called for Johnny to say Saturday, and it didnt cross anyones mind that it would contradict the storyline. After WWEs twitter got bombarded by fans saying it didnt make sense, they had Cole make a comment offhand about it an hour later saying it was a verbal agreement. These people are paid to write this show and cant even remember a week back. Why the fuck should I care about the product when the writers and performers dont?

holy shit...

A WWE event in Brazil came to a screeching halt Thursday evening ... when local law enforcement stopped a live match and threatened to arrest Chris Jericho for desecrating the Brazilian flag.

It all went down during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk -- who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho took the flag away, crumpled it up and kicked the flag out of the ring ... and that's when police stepped in and put a stop to the event.

We're told Jericho was informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil ... punishable by incarceration.

Cops gave Jericho an option -- apologize to the arena ... or go to jail. Chris chose the former ... grabbing the mic and telling the crowd he immediately regretted his actions. Cops allowed the event to continue.

Sources connected to the WWE tell TMZ ... the flag stunt was NOT planned or approved by WWE officials.

The WWE has just released an official statement saying, "Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE event in Sao Paulo on May 24. The WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident."

Just finished watching Over The Limit. All in all it wasn't that bad, wasn't the greatest PPV but there have been a lot worse this year.

The Cena/Johnny match really felt like something that should have been done on Raw. It was all set up for Show to align with Johnny, which I feel is something they didn't need to do on a PPV.

The PPV just built my hate for Brodus Clay and Ryback.

I really wish they find something better for Ziggler soon. He deserves so much better than what they're doing with him right now. I was also hoping Lameous was going to drop his title. Although that match was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be.

holy shit...

A WWE event in Brazil came to a screeching halt Thursday evening ... when local law enforcement stopped a live match and threatened to arrest Chris Jericho for desecrating the Brazilian flag.

It all went down during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk -- who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho took the flag away, crumpled it up and kicked the flag out of the ring ... and that's when police stepped in and put a stop to the event.

We're told Jericho was informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil ... punishable by incarceration.

Cops gave Jericho an option -- apologize to the arena ... or go to jail. Chris chose the former ... grabbing the mic and telling the crowd he immediately regretted his actions. Cops allowed the event to continue.

Sources connected to the WWE tell TMZ ... the flag stunt was NOT planned or approved by WWE officials.

The WWE has just released an official statement saying, "Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE event in Sao Paulo on May 24. The WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident."

Seriously cannot wait for this to end up on YouTube. Talk about getting heat!

I feel the Jericho flag incident is all a work. He's "suspended indefinitely" right around the time he was going to be leaving the WWE. Seems a little to coincidental.

The only thing that makes me think it is legitimate is that, were WWE going to write-off Jericho, i doubt they would have had Y2J attack Orton and make such a big deal a bout it last week. Seems to me like they were setting up a short feud between the two before he left.