MELVINS - Endless Residency Box set AmRep U.S. ver

Guest deathbydrums

Here's the thing about the AmRep version...it's really more of an art version done by Haze XXL for some art shows he has coming up...in NY and L.A...he asked the band with AmRep's help to do these up. Hence why only 100 made.

AmRep already said there will be a more "regular" version from them soon.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that dude makes a living selling Melvins stuff. Check out his feedback.

I'm surprised at how many copies of The Bride Screamed Murder he has sold. What an asshat.

am i the only one that doesn't see a $500 value in this?

i mean, i love melvins and everything, but...really?

wooden box, ok. 4 albums?.....ok.

reimagined packaging that looks nothing like the original but is hand screened and has hand written profanity inside of cardboard sleeves...

yeah..

just seems like they should have made the set more authentic, recreating the original artwork and such, maybe make it look less like a mental patient with a screen press put this out?

also, finding these WAY less than $500 buy it now on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melvins-Endless-Residency-There-8xLP-Box-Set-LTD-520-copies-/220912262487?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item336f659d57

am i the only one that doesn't see a $500 value in this?

i mean, i love melvins and everything, but...really?

wooden box, ok. 4 albums?.....ok.

reimagined packaging that looks nothing like the original but is hand screened and has hand written profanity inside of cardboard sleeves...

yeah..

just seems like they should have made the set more authentic, recreating the original artwork and such, maybe make it look less like a mental patient with a screen press put this out?

also, finding these WAY less than $500 buy it now on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Melvins-Endless-Residency-There-8xLP-Box-Set-LTD-520-copies-/220912262487?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item336f659d57

Considering they are live albums, I see no need to recreate the original album's artwork.

And the set you are seeing on eBay is the UK version is cardboard pizza boxes which were around $200-250 when released (if I remember correctly).

the cardboard box had a giant hole in it, it looks like something punctured it and chipped a chunk out of the wood on the box, not a huge deal, but for the price and considering its more of an art piece, i want this thing to be perfect. fortunately these are insured but its a hassle i'd rather not deal with. i'll get some pics up later.

I'd like to see that chunk of the wood missing from the box then...did you find out inside the packaging or box it was shipped in?

A friend sent me some pics of the one he got and the box itself looks to have some imperfections in the wood itself...he thought at first it was damage but the red paper it was wrapped in was fine and the box it was shipped had no damaged outside of some dings and corner/edge crimps.