Boris-Where do i start?

Ok, so i want to check out Boris, as they are always brought up with some of the bands i listen to (Torche, Melvins, Jesu, Harvey Milk, etc.). What's a good set of albums to start with? Preferably still in print, haha.

Thanks!

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':bsbdx8ej]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':bsbdx8ej]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

here is list of their full lengths, the ones that I have bolded are the more straightforward, heavy and rocking albums... and are best to start off with.

the ones that aren't bolded, are ones that are more experimental or 60-40 minute songs which can challenging to get into...

if you're going to be seeing them live on this tour, heavy rocks 2011, attention please and new album are what they're mostly playing off of.

Absolutego (1996)

Amplifier Worship (1998)

Flood (2000)

Heavy Rocks (2002)

Akuma no Uta (2003)

Boris at Last: -Feedbacker- (2003)

The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked (2004)

Dronevil (2005)

Sound Track from Film "Mabuta no Ura" (2005)

Pink (2005)

The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked 2 (2006)

The Thing Which Solomon Overlooked 3 (2006)

Vein (2006)

Smile (2008)

New Album (2011)

Heavy Rocks (2011)

Attention Please (2011)

Thanks, Sharkie. i listened to the new Heavy Rocks on their bandcamp page. The second half of the album is great; didn't like the more "rock & roll" songs on the first half, but the slower songs were excellent.

Guest errolwest
their set at fun fun fun was really bad.

But the set at Red 7 was face melting.

stupid line at red 7 making me miss borris.

that being said, , got in just as deafhaven started and that was amazing.

Guest errolwest
How was it bad?

I was going to watch the web stream, but somewhere along the line the yellow and black stage weren't streaming anymore

on top of it being dreadfully boring, it sounded awful. also, the drummer kept making annoying noises into his microphone at weird times.

How was it bad?

I was going to watch the web stream, but somewhere along the line the yellow and black stage weren't streaming anymore

on top of it being dreadfully boring, it sounded awful. also, the drummer kept making annoying noises into his microphone at weird times.

Seeing this makes me glad i didn't go. Although i would have loved to see them at Red 7

Are they coming out with another album this year? On their bandcamp, they have Attention Please, the new Heavy Rocks, and another one called New Album which has one song you can listen to. It's up for pre-order. Is it new material, or a compilation of some sort?

Are they coming out with another album this year? On their bandcamp, they have Attention Please, the new Heavy Rocks, and another one called New Album which has one song you can listen to. It's up for pre-order. Is it new material, or a compilation of some sort?

Yeah it's the US version of the one they released back in march with different mixes and a new song(old).