This is funny (NO EBAY)

theinkd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ off topic but I looked at yr tradelist just now and noted the fairly substantial collection of Suburbs stuff. Such an underrated band!

Yes! I've got a picture of it all in the collections thread somewhere. Awesome that you know them. My copy of the In Combo LP belonged to my dad, it's what got me into punk and led me to discovering the Replacements. Have you heard the Suicide Commandos? They're another excellent Mpls band from that era.

I've not heard the Suicide Commandos - are they in that same vein musically? I found a copy of In Combo in a dollar bin at one point and aside from the cool album cover, noted that it was a Twin Tone release which gave me the instant mental connection to The Replacements. Bought it and I've liked them alot ever since - they're fairly easy to collect obviously since their stuff can be found for cheap (but you know that already since your collection of their stuff is three times the size of mine, hahah).

Tool is in no way a Nu Metal band far from it, what a retard....... Are you tone def?

who you talking to?

Pretty sure he was talking to me because I mislabeled one of his sacraments.

So a few things to note:

A variance of opinion between two people does not denote one of them being 'retarded'. Your use of it - while entirely colloquial - makes you look very much 'retarded' in the sense of how you are using the word. To get a beginning grasp on the use of the word in its proper context - please refer to the following Google hits: https://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=colloquial+retard#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=retard&pbx=1&oq=retard&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=81080l82869l0l83003l7l6l0l0l0l0l236l832l0.4.1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=478a94649406c1e2&biw=1299&bih=767 (ten points says you forgo all of the academic hits and go straight to the video with boobies!)

Calling someone who varies in opinion on a band tone def is also in error. Again, the following Google hits: https://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=colloquial+retard#pq=retard&hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=6&gs_id=1s&xhr=t&q=tone+deaf&tok=FZ9spChS1M3wVhXxRaLXtA&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=tone+d&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=478a94649406c1e2&biw=1299&bih=767

One would argue that you, afireinside7444 are infact by your own definition 'tone deaf' if you can honestly justify that the band of your namesake did ANYTHING good after Black Sails.

I got my NFG Test PRess of the picture disc for the Tip of The Iceberg signed on the vinyl because that's all there was, and I didn't give a fuck. It still plays fine.

Was going to ask about the playability of signed records - no noise at all?

Not that I remember. It's been a while since I played it.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':qu8fy3gc]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':qu8fy3gc]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Tool is in no way a Nu Metal band far from it, what a retard....... Are you tone def?

They arent limp bizkit singing about hot dog flavored water

They arent Korn sining about whatever the hell they sang about

Anyhow I offered the guy $5.00 keep your fingers crossed lol

And for that matter the Ramones and anyone who sounds anything near them sound like a dog turd in a wood chipper

It's all out there if you're willing to look, I got my LP for $20 from a local guy not too long ago. I actually paid more for the CD version, it's a lot rarer and everyone who has it doesn't want to give it up. The singles are constantly on eBay going for anywhere from 8 to 30 bucks, I haven't seen them in shops anywhere.