delete

mattycakes

this is a sore spot for alot of folks right now man because of all of the flippers who got copies while folks who truly wanted them didn't. While you probably aren't meaning to flip it, the price comes across a bit that way. You'd probably move it if you sold it closer to $35.

Looking back at the WATR thread - is this the copy you got from Reckless?

Guest errolwest
this is a sore spot for alot of folks right now man because of all of the flippers who got copies while folks who truly wanted them didn't. While you probably aren't meaning to flip it, the price comes across a bit that way. You'd probably move it if you sold it closer to $35.

Looking back at the WATR thread - is this the copy you got from Reckless?

basically this. i didnt get a copy of this because my internet flaked out on me. it bums me out seeing people trying to flip it.

Guest errolwest
2012 will soothe all wounds.

Open for trades too.

id be down for a trade, i dont know if you will find anything you want, but you can check my list

Guest errolwest
2012 will soothe all wounds.

Open for trades too.

id be down for a trade, i dont know if you will find anything you want, but you can check my list

That doesn't make it any less frustrating. While folks are free to buy what they want, it's still a crappy practice for someone to buy up something someone else was wanting and essentially make them lose out of their copy because the first person bought it solely so they could turn around and sell it back to the second person at a marked up price. That's adding an unnecessary layer that doesn't need to be there by making the original buyer jump through two hoops when they should have only had to jump through one. My personal deal with records is this: you owned it because you wanted it and then sold it for a high price later on because that's what it's going for in that moment versus buying a record and not bothering to open it at all because you did so for the sake of flipping straight away. Which of those seems legit to you?

Mattycakes probably isn't setting about to flip directly but he did get it at the retail price. Coming onto a board where a considerable amount of folks lost out on copies due to flippers and trying to sell it for what he spent on it plus twice the amount to skim some cream off the top is totally within his rights and he's completely allowed, but that doesn't mean it won't ruffle feathers in the process. Someone will most definitely buy it off of him, but it isn't the most endearing thing etiquette wise to do to fellow boardies.

Some of these whiners have four copies of the same record. Holy shit. Why are you caving to this crap? Ask them to pull a couple records at retail value from their list and trade it to you if they care so much about fairness. If after all this time you got more whining than offers when you've been offering to be reasonable, well, fuck it.