Kickstarter: TILTS (mem TORCHE/ex-RIDDLE OF STEEL)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just 1 or 2 more pledges away from officially reaching our goal! Totally crazy, this has gone over way better than we expected and hope to post a substantial update shortly after the $2000 initial goal is reached. Genuine thanks to everyone who's supported us with this, either with an order or just kind words or even talking trash. It's been interesting to say the least!

Here's essentially the same update I just posted to the Kickstarter page:

First off: THANK YOU to everyone who has pledged, spread the word, sent praises, talked trash and/or had anything to do with this TILTS Kickstarter being a topic on any level. Seriously, we are kind of blown away at the (mostly) positive response this has received, and to reach the $2000 goal we set in just about two weeks of solid activity... it's incredible!

That being the case, we are thrilled to push this thing into production ASAP. The audio master has been ordered and as soon as we've got it approved by the band (for both vinyl, and for digital download) we'll be in touch with the pledgers about getting you an advance of the audio for this thing. We're hoping before the holidays? Soon!

All that being said, we actually shot kind of low on the amount needed to FULLY fund the manufacturing costs of this thing. We figured if we could raise the 2k, that'd be enough to prove the interest was there and thus, we should be able to sell more copies to cover the remaining costs.

However, the true cost of manufacturing this beast on vinyl (and all the associated t-shirts, beer coozies, hooded sweatshirts, stickers, etc etc) is actually a lot closer to $3000 - $3500 or so (depending). SOO.... as pleased as we are with the results thus far, we still want to try to keep raising more bucks for this thing to try to cover it in full.

If we can get more than the amount needed to simply manufacture this awesome album, we'll also be able to give TILTS money directly (in addition to the physical copies of the album the band will also get) to help them cover some of their own personal costs they ponied up to make this thing (recording money, re-mixing money, studio stuff, gear, etc etc etc etc).

So yeah, I guess we're mostly saying THANK YOU SO MUCH and also kinda saying, please keep spreading the word if you can... it's clearly made a big difference and been a major help. We are so happy with how this has gone, and hope to be able to use the Kickstarter platform to release other awesome records that we wouldn't be able to necessarily afford otherwise.

THANK YOU TO TILTS for going along with this crazyness, we're on track boys!!!!!!

Thanks again (and again, and again). Peace!!

- Andy Low / Robotic Empire

http://kck.st/TILTSkick

http://www.roboticempire.com

http://www.facebook.com/RoboticEmpire

• 2 weeks later...
Well, so far 11 people have pledged towards the options that yield a test press so... in addition to the copies the band/label will get, right now I'll be ordering an additional 11. I wouldn't call that a lot but, it ain't over til it's over right?

Anything over 5 is a lot to me to be honest, for a test press. I'm not bitching though, just curious as to how many were gonna be made. I've seen kickstarters that have certain pledge amounts as a limited award thing so I thought that was going to be done on this. I guess I'm glad it's not as I can't pledge til closer to the end.

Edit - You have 666 posts, time to not post anymore. :D

VINYL MASTER IS NOW APPROVED! We've posted an update to the Kickstarter with more news as well. We're taking down two of the crazier tiers within the next couple weeks, check out the update here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roboticempire/tilts-debut-album-release-on-vinyl-digital-and-way/posts/151861

THIS EVENT IS 18 AND OVER

$3 minor surcharge at the door

- Does this mean they charge anyone 18-20 an extra $3 to enter? Is this common out there? Don't care about the sound system etc - it would be a bullshit policy. And I know Robotic Empire has nothing to do with the event.

(I need to still pitch in on the Tilts records - glad it's going through.)