Early Nov. signs to Rise

Label has been killing it.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_the_early_november_sign_to_rise_records

Altpress.com has exclusively learned that reunited New Jersey emo outfit The Early November have signed to Rise Records. The band, originally together from 1999-2006 and reunited since June of this year, are currently recording their new album at The Living Room Studio in Hammonton, NJ, with a release targeted for spring 2012. Once out, the record will be the band's third overall and first in six years, following up 2006's sprawling triple album The Mother, the Mechanic, And The Path.

The Early November have three more shows lined up before the end of the year; details can be seen below and tickets can be bought by clicking the date. Keep your eyes peeled to Altpress.com later this week for an exclusive interview with the band.

December 26 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club w/ Man Overboard & Hostage Calm

December 28 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Alter Bar w/ Man Overboard & Hostage Calm

December 29 - Towson, MD @ Recher Theater w/ Man Overboard & Young Statues

trying to make up for all the abysmal metalcore bands they've signed?

I don't know the first thing about running a label, but maybe they signed those terrible metalcore (debatable I know) bands during the hype period because they were cheap and popular enough for them to profit well enough that they could start signing better bands. Bands that people who actually like music are into.

Perhaps they at Rise actually like a lot of different stuff, and now they have the money to diversify?

Yup, Im sure they made a killing off bands like The Devil Wears Prada and Attack Attack and Miss May I. Now they have the resources to sign bands who are less profitable who they are just big fans of. In 2011 a band like HWM isnt exactly going to make their label a ton of cash.