Home For The Holidays 2011

Anybody else going this year? The wife and I decided to splurge on 4 day passes figuring we go to almost every show anyway. Each day they're making a new announcement on Bouncingsouls.com pertaining to openers and exactly what they're doing this year.

Dec. 27 - Title Fight, White Wives, Blacktop Kids

Dec. 28 - The Explosion (reunion! OMFG!), The Holy Mess, Luther

Dec. 28 - Official Chunksaah Afterparty (aka Dennis Casey day)

@ Asbury Lanes w/ Timeshares, Static Radio, DJ Evan!

Dec. 29 - H2O, Ensign, and Up For Nothing

Dec. 29 - Afterparty @ The Watermark with cool tunes and tasty beverages!

Dec. 30 - Leftover Crack, Plow United, and Detournement (last show!)

Dec. 30 - Official Chunksaah Afterparty @ Asbury Lanes w/ Houseboat and DJ Lamar Vannoy!

Chunksaah is pleased to celebrate our 2012 kickoff release (Chunksaah #51) with The Explosion’s “Bury Me Standing”. It’s about freaking time! Street date is Feb. 14 BUT limited edition colors will be available at HFTH ONLY!

My wife and I go every year too. She always wants to go to multiple shows....this year I have work throughout the week so I wanna to go to 2 at most. I thought this was a silly move this year to slowly leak announcements. All the shows will sell out anyway and I'd like to know which show are worth going to...

My wife and I go every year too. She always wants to go to multiple shows....this year I have work throughout the week so I wanna to go to 2 at most. I thought this was a silly move this year to slowly leak announcements. All the shows will sell out anyway and I'd like to know which show are worth going to...

That was my thought on the slow leak method as well, however I have yet to be let down by the openers they choose. I'm actually already stoked on the first night because I have yet to actually see a full Title Fight set.

Not sure if I wanna go to that one yet. Title Fight is also playing with Lifetime in Brooklyn and I don't know what White Wives sounds like (my fault I suppose.) I don't know if I wanna deal with 15 year old Title Fight fans for two shows in such a short period... :-/

Story behind about you not seeing a full Title Fight set?

Not sure if I wanna go to that one yet. Title Fight is also playing with Lifetime in Brooklyn and I don't know what White Wives sounds like (my fault I suppose.) I don't know if I wanna deal with 15 year old Title Fight fans for two shows in such a short period... :-/

Bad luck haha. Both times I've had a chance to see them play someone gets sick. I suppose that could be a bad omen for the first night of H4tH

Oh sucks man hope that doesn't happen to you again. I enjoy Title Fight but they didn't overwhelm me live. Who knows maybe they got better...and did I mention their fans are really REALLY annoying?

Haha thanks, and yeah I mean I'm not a HUGE Title Fight fan, but once just once I'd like to see a whole set. Any theories on what the Souls will be doing this year? I don't think they'll do the whole 8 albums 4 nights thing again, though I wouldn't mind if they did honestly because I missed Hopeless Romantic.

Also got the 4 day pass, glad I splurged on it. Especially with The Explosion reunion going.

My bet is Leftover Crack is going to be announced for the 29th show. They're playing in the area and didn't make the rescheduled shows. Two of the openers for the 30th got leaked months ago by accident, and it is going to be sweet.

Also got the 4 day pass, glad I splurged on it. Especially with The Explosion reunion going.

My bet is Leftover Crack is going to be announced for the 29th show. They're playing in the area and didn't make the rescheduled shows. Two of the openers for the 30th got leaked months ago by accident, and it is going to be sweet.

I heard a rumor that Leftover Crack is playing one of those nights. Hope it's not the 29th cause I think my friend's band Up For Nothing is playing that show. Whichever one it is I'm not going to. Can't stand them.

Who were the rumored bands for the 30th?

white wives is 2 of the dudes from Anti-Flag playing really pretentious "world rock" for lack of a better term...instead of aping the Clash in their normal band they're aping Joe Strummer's solo material. I saw them once and they were awful.

white wives is 2 of the dudes from Anti-Flag playing really pretentious "world rock" for lack of a better term...instead of aping the Clash in their normal band they're aping Joe Strummer's solo material. I saw them once and they were awful.

Funny you post this...just listened to them yesterday. Not feeling it at all. And yes...you're pretty spot on with that assessment.