Kindle Touch vs Nook Simple Touch

I don't own either, but unless one of them has better technology or a better feature, I would go with the Kindle. Amazon is making money, Barnes and Noble is losing money. It's possible B & N could go under. Borders already did.

True but at Barnes and Noble you can buy them for about 7.99 to 26.99

I recently got a Kindle touch from work and my wife had a Nook normal.

My first complaint about the kindle was all the god damned ads on it. Spending the $40 to remove them pissed me off more.

I love the e-ink format, but usability wise I needed more. I do alot of reading online and magazines I feel need to be in color

In the end my wife and I traded and I couldn't be happier. I rooted my Nook and installed Cyanogen on it. and with Kindle and Nook apps being free, I now have both. I also loaded up hbo GO, netflix, hulu plus, Pulse, my e-mail and even google voice to send and receive texts. It works perfectly. I have my own little tablet now, even though it's wi-fi only but hey I like it that way.

I do kinda wish Nook had a constant 3G connection to the internet the way the Kindle touch does. That was pretty sweet.

If B& N goes down, the nook will probably be like the HP touchpad. A super cheap tablet which works just fine.

Oh In case anyone is wondering, I assigned my house number to the google voice app in order to get it to work on wi-fi only. Not like I'm going to get calls on the tablet.

Yeah the cheaper ones have ads.. and are about $40 less than the regular ones. So really 6 to 1 half dozen to another.

I will say that sometimes the ads give some nice deals.. although nothing that can't be replicated and reposted in deals.woot.com or slickdeals.com or other deal aggregate sites

Isnt the cheap kindle the one with all the ads? I think tehy did it to make it cheaper and easier to get one, but deal with ads to make up with spending less on it. The regular kindles dont have ads.

yup, the cheap kindle is 79 I believe, with ads.. but I think my girlfriend would prefer the touch models, gives it a nice little pizazz ;)

Guest markovianprocess

I love my Kindle. The free 3G (for the Amazon store) is a huge bonus, sitting on a bus then deciding to download today's newspaper.

It really depends on whether the person is primarily a book/newspaper reader, or a magazine reader, and where they tend to do most of their reading (since the Kindle doesn't have a backlight).

I love how clear and readable it is, I don't get tired of the Kindle. Of course, it also makes sense to go with Amazon because they're the most likely to stay in business too.