Silverstein funny NOFX cover

dethrock

So on Punknews.org yesterday (I didn't see it until today,) they posted a song by Silverstein called "It's Your Job To Keep Punk News Elite."

I've never been into this band but this song is hilarious. I'd recommend checking it out.

Story: http://www.punknews.org/article/45576

Song: http://www.punknews.org/bands/silverstein

I'm confused.

"The band told us that their version of the NOFX song was a response to the thread on Punknews.org where they revealed the details behind Short Songs. "

But the Punknews page detailing the record has the NOFX song as part of it.

I didn't read the comments or anything. Maybe I'm missing something.

These guys are so full of themselves it's not even funny.

They're from my home town and they honestly walk around like they're U2.

They've also turned their backs on a lot of people who helped get them to where they were 5 years ago (seeing as no one actually cares about them anymore).

this was one of the first NoFx songs that I really liked...it was the first song on Punk o Rama 2 or 3...one of those things, they had some really rad songs on comps back then.

I could be wrong but I think your thinking of "We threw gasoline on the fire and now we have stumps for arms and no eyebrows," that was on Punk-O-Rama 3.

this was one of the first NoFx songs that I really liked...it was the first song on Punk o Rama 2 or 3...one of those things, they had some really rad songs on comps back then.

I could be wrong but I think your thinking of "We threw gasoline on the fire and now we have stumps for arms and no eyebrows," that was on Punk-O-Rama 3.

yeah you're totally right!

...what fucking comp was this song on...hmmmm this is gonna drive me nuts.

edit: thanks google...it was on that really rad comp on Side One: Compilation Of Warped Music CD

http://www.amazon.com/Compilation-Warped-Music-Tour-98/dp/B000006PVH

lol

"This is a pretty good comp, but it could be a lot better. For one the sellouts(bosstones) shouldn't be on it. A lot of good bands from the warped tour were left out, and this was meant to capture the essence of the tour. It didn't. "

the bosstones song on this is one of their best songs ever too.