I'm making a Kevin Devine thread

i made a kevin devine thread.

a place to share all the wonderful things that make him so great.

and ill start with his christmas gift to his fans:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150461182179125

that just reminded me of all the awesome things he does beyond his albums, and i feel like anyone who's seen him live more than once, or twice (depending on the lineup) is likely to have something unique to say about him.

ive had conversation with him at least 2/3 of the times ive seen him.

and when i asked him to sign my copy of put your ghost to rest, he felt terrible for forgetting my name and wrote

"to ryan: please forgive my absent mind. xoxo -kevin"

and i wish i could find a video of him rapping about snickers the time i saw him in northampton about 4 or 5 years ago

He is an awesome dude. There used to be an annual Christmas spectacular run by a local band named Monty Love. Kevin Devine usually made an appearance including the year my band played. Also played some impromptu Miracle Of 86 songs with one of the bands. Its great to see someone so nice knowledgeable and awesome come from the southern Brooklyn/Staten Island part of NYC. We're not known for people like that.

I always put on Miracle Of 86/Kevin Devine albums this time of year.

My wife and I have seen him 12 times, talking to him everytime. He's a super genuine guy and an awesome musician. Best memory is prolly sharing a veggie platter at music in the park. Prolly 30 people there and it was just him and acoustic. Wait no, best memory is going to the first show when he opened for thrice an telling him we'd be on our honeymoon when he rolled into las Vegas so he wrote our names down and put us on the guest list. Stand up guy :)

I'm diggin this thread big time.

• 2 weeks later...

new tour dates posted today: http://kevindevine.net/

nothing around here, but im tryin to spread the love

cannot wait to see him friday. it pissed me off this morning when i realized its been 2 1/2 years since i last made it to one of his shows. and i honestly cant remember the last time i saw him solo.

Kevin Devine never disappoints either on record or live. I've seen him 17 times and each time feels so unique. Whether it's solo or with the Goddamn band he always plays a different set list.

One of the more recent shows a little over a year ago was special; he played nearly 20 songs and then did Make the Clock Moves front to back.