Help with one-off jackets

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting one-offs of all the EP's my various bands have released over the years. I've found a few places that will press them, but they don't do jackets.

I've had a look round, but can't seem to find anyone that will print just 1 copy of a jacket, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows of anywhere (preferably in the UK)?

I'll be needing 7" jacket, 7" gatefold & 10" gatefold jackets if I can get them done.

Cheers, Andy

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting one-offs of all the EP's my various bands have released over the years. I've found a few places that will press them, but they don't do jackets.

I've had a look round, but can't seem to find anyone that will print just 1 copy of a jacket, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows of anywhere (preferably in the UK)?

I'll be needing 7" jacket, 7" gatefold & 10" gatefold jackets if I can get them done.

I've been trying to do this as well.

Cheers, Andy

you can buy blank jackets or make your own. You will need to be a little more specific though. Are you wanting copies of others, custom jackets, screened jackets, etc? Why not just buy thick stock and make your own?

Hi thanks for the reply. They were all just released on cd. I've got all the original artwork files though, so literally just looking at getting those printed onto jackets.

I can find blank jackets, but my problem is when it comes to printing onto the things.

you can buy blank jackets or make your own. You will need to be a little more specific though. Are you wanting copies of others, custom jackets, screened jackets, etc? Why not just buy thick stock and make your own?

Hi thanks for the reply. They were all just released on cd. I've got all the original artwork files though, so literally just looking at getting those printed onto jackets.

I can find blank jackets, but my problem is when it comes to printing onto the things.

I think it may be difficult to get a one-off jacket professional printed. I am not too sure of the process, but i imagine the jackets got through the printer before they're folded, so having blank jackets may not matter too much. You can try and contact some pressing plants which do printing. They may have a better answer.

That said, you could have the artwork screened on a black jacket. I have done that with a few test presses i own and was pleased with the result. It will probably be one color but, you can use the original artwork and adjust however you like. There was a guy on here that was making them fairly cheap a while ago.

Also, you could have the artwork printed on big cardstock at a local printer and then fold your old jacket, either pocket style or a simple bi-fold. But, hell, it's your record - i say do the artwork yourself with tempura and cray-pas.