VC: San Francisco

I hardly post any more, but I figured I'd try to take advantage of people and ask for recommendations on things to do in SF. I'll be there for a week starting the 9th and don't really have any set plans. I find most things interesting. Definitely a food and drink person. Any tips people have would be awesome, or if someone feels inclined to hang out and show me stuff that would be cool too. I'm pretty not awkward and am always up to meet new people and do most anything. Again, any help would be great!

I used to live in the city, but don't really go there much anymore. When I do go, I hang out at my friend's bar http://smugglerscovesf.com/trapdoor/. The best craft cocktails with an emphasis on rum. The Mission area also has a lot of cutting edge restaurants, taquerias, and good places for imbibing.

Over the bridge in Oakland there is a lot to offer as well. If you like beer, Beer Revolution in downtown Oakland has an insane selection of hard to find beers on tap and in bottles. They are usually playing punk over the sound system. Many other great bars within walking distance of there including the historic Heinhold's Last Chance Saloon where Jack London used to drink. Great food places from fancy shmancy to taco trucks and bacon wrapped hotdogs. Obviously, I am biased for the East Bay.

Seconded on Beer Revolution and the First and Last Chance Saloon in Oakland. Also nearby is the Trappist which is really nice and has a ton of beer.

I'm drawing a blank of anything particular in SF, but I'd recommend just walking around - a lot of pretty cool areas are fairly close. For example Downtown, Embarcadero (the bay/fairy building), North Beach (italian), and Chinatown are all really close.

I'd be interested in grabbing some beers or something depending on how much free time I have.

I'm also not that awkward