stupid ebay question.

xfactor675

sorry for this...

so, I haven't sold anything on ebay for like years, but now i want to and when i want to list something I can't go through the shipping part, because it says that I can only set 4 dollar maximum for the US shipping.

I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, so it's obvious I can't do it with 4 bucks. Fellow international boarders how do you do this?

This has always seemed like a real grey area as I'd assume the seller would have to be bound by the $4 shipping cost since including expanded shipping costs in the description is technically against eBay policy. I'm sure eBay prefers listing on local eBay pages and uses their system to bubble up relevant content from other regions. At the end of the day I see this happen all the time so you're probably good to go, but I'm interested if it can be challenged myself.

and the buyer won't be arguing or paying the amount set automatically by ebay?

I've never had a problem. Just be like $4 to where you live but international shipping is more. eBay users are much more lenient then people like to say. Most people will just be like ok no problem. But if they have a problem then just say if they don't wanna pay it you'll relist it.

just set it to $4 and in the description make sure you state what the shipping will really be. eBay is stupid like that sometimes.

I hate when people do this.

If all else fails the above option is always fine.

But You can always sell it on your countries respective ebay site (UK, AU, CA) and list it internationally for US buyers to see. The reason ebay doesn't allow it is because it not supposed to be done that way but everyone seems to be doing so I can live with it.

just set it to $4 and in the description make sure you state what the shipping will really be. eBay is stupid like that sometimes.

I hate when people do this.

If all else fails the above option is always fine.

But You can always sell it on your countries respective ebay site (UK, AU, CA) and list it internationally for US buyers to see. The reason ebay doesn't allow it is because it not supposed to be done that way but everyone seems to be doing so I can live with it.

Why do you hate when people do this?

I do it when I KNOW how much something costs to ship and eBay doesn't let me put that amount.

I've seen many auctions with the exact same issue, and the sellers usually have something like (huge bold font) 'USA/North America ship $ is NOT $4 - please wait until you have been invoiced before submitting Paypal' in the details. If people are paying attention and reading your listing before they bid, which they should be doing anyways, you shouldn't have an issue.