anyone in chicago wanna start a band?

Elgin, and you collect the popes? I should know you.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've been to a few of the same shows! I know those guys, as well. My and robthepenguin's current band are playing with them on Feb 11th in DeKalb!

Since zplace already posted one, I was wondering if anyone else had anything music-related that they've done. I'm on here quite frequently whore-ing my band around. Anyone else got anything - links, etc.? I'm probably missing a thread about this, but the search feature on here rarely works on my computer.

^ Really? Because I'm sure Coltrane, Coleman, Sun Ra and countless other free jazz musicians would disagree with you (considering that there are multiple well attended festivals based entirely around jazz with a couple of them devoted to the more atonal end of the genre).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_jazz_festivals

(I get the Spinal Tap reference by the way. I see what you did there.)

Until I saw the parenthesis, I was going to scream, man. Scream.

I think the best approach would be for some of us to get together and play and what sounds good we go with as opposed to shooting for any given genre.

I'm very much with you and zplace on this (even though recent displays between us musically have not been that indicative of this). Almost every band I've been in has been done this way, and the one that wasn't was the one where someone told me to make a lead part "a little less metal and a lot more U2." That band didn't last much longer.

(on top of that, I'm not a person who's ever had a lot of effects aside from what's in my amp. I'm more in the plug in and start playing school.)

i DO have a car, just not a big one (I kind of miss my Aztek in that regard). I can take a few people places if need be.