WANTED: Sidekick 3 SUPER CHEAP!

rrd

hah funny thing...it was over a year old so the warranty was up..i called and the lady assured me it was underwarranty and had me send it. then they tried billing me 100 bucks until i called. they sent me back my broken one and gave me a $50 credit for my trouble. still out the 350 i had to pay to upgrade to the lx. i hate the id it reminds me of the sidekick 2 i already had

I know the Sidekick is considered a "scenester" phone by alot of people but why would someone consider it when you can get an iPhone for comparable prices, unlock it, and use it with T-Mobile?

My friend has one and while it seems pretty cool, my Treo and PPC could do everything the sidekick did + more. Not to mention I hate the deep QWERTY.

lots of people hate the iphone keyboard and don't like the whole touch thing. it makes the screen all gunked up. plus not too many people know how to unlock a phone.

ps i just found out that if you buy insurance on a phone you pay the monthly fee theres a big deductible anyways....lameee its not a car jeez

ps i just found out that if you buy insurance on a phone you pay the monthly fee theres a big deductible anyways....lameee its not a car jeez

I don't know how it is with other providers, but up until last week I had Nextel and the $6 monthly insurance was invaluable. You could do pretty much ANYTHING to your phone and all you had to do was walk into an authorized service center and they would fix or replace it on the spot. Seriously. I got drunk one night and crashed at my friends house. The next morning I couldn't find my phone and my friend wound up finding it in the alley behind his house the next day. A car had run it over, so I just went to Nextel and they gave me a new one, no questions asked right then and there.

Guest falloutcollapse
I know the Sidekick is considered a "scenester" phone by alot of people but why would someone consider it when you can get an iPhone for comparable prices, unlock it, and use it with T-Mobile?

My friend has one and while it seems pretty cool, my Treo and PPC could do everything the sidekick did + more. Not to mention I hate the deep QWERTY.

I am a scenester, so I need to get this phone. No but for real, we're sticking with T-Mobile when our contract renews, and I'm probably getting this or one of those tiny Blackberrys.

please, explain the unlocking of an iphone. i really want to get one but dont really want to deal with the crummy att plan

Guest falloutcollapse

please, explain the unlocking of an iphone. i really want to get one but dont really want to deal with the crummy att plan

I know you can go the eBay way, and get one unlocked already, but I think what I would do is buy one from apple.com. After buying it and getting it, I'd call T-Mobile, and tell them you're going out of country and you need your SK unlocked. If you've had T-Mobile for more than 90 days, they should do it for you. Take the SIM from the SK to the iPhone, and it's all good.

I know you can go the eBay way, and get one unlocked already, but I think what I would do is buy one from apple.com. After buying it and getting it, I'd call T-Mobile, and tell them you're going out of country and you need your SK unlocked. If you've had T-Mobile for more than 90 days, they should do it for you. Take the SIM from the SK to the iPhone, and it's all good.

I'm pretty sure it is ALOT more complicated than that. Also isn't Apple still bricking unlocked iphones with the updates?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310009249263&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

i just tossed mine up on ebay cause i dont want to deal with it anymore. i think fixing a backlight is inexpensive though..or atleast thats what a friend told me...but im too lazy and already have the lx

• 2 weeks later...