Play This Record

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating the light box just because I have a few like, Eisley - The Valley, and Steel Train that are dark and need some light to shine through them to get a good color.

I'm working on a similar project. I bought a shop light and a piece of 12" (diameter) aluminum air ducting from Home Depot. A friend on here is helping me out with some die-cut black acrylic to get a nice clean circular shape. These are from my initial testing:

[image]

[image]

I'm debating the light box just because I have a few like, Eisley - The Valley, and Steel Train that are dark and need some light to shine through them to get a good color.

I'm working on a similar project. I bought a shop light and a piece of 12" (diameter) aluminum air ducting from Home Depot. A friend on here is helping me out with some die-cut black acrylic to get a nice clean circular shape. These are from my initial testing:

[image]

[image]

Those are beautiful dude. I've been planning on building one anyway because I need one to view my negatives so I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and do it

• 4 weeks later...

[image]

Figured I'd finish out this week with another Jack White post. Here's the 7" and 12" versions of the single for "Sixteen Saltines". The B-side is etched, but you can still play it. It's a cover of U2's "Love Is Blindness".

[image]

I also noticed that the song title is spelled two different ways: "Sixteen Saltines" and "Sixteen Salteens". No idea why, though.

[image]

http://www.playthisrecord.com/blog/jack-white-sixteen-saltines-7-12-singles/

Does anyone else get record recommendations from their parents? My Dad keeps telling me to listen to stuff and I keep ending up playing the loving hell out of them. This time it's Grace Potter & The Nocturnals' Live From Legendary Sun Studio.

[image]

http://www.playthisrecord.com/blog/grace-potter-the-nocturnals-live-from-the-legendary-sun-studio/

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere during all of the RSD nonsense that went on here. But some of you all should definitely give it a listen. There's a video embedded in the blog post that I highly recommend.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

7525961654_8fb3d03149_o.jpg

http://www.playthisrecord.com/blog/right-away-great-captain-trilogy-4lp-set/

Right Away, Great Captain! - Trilogy 4LP set. Andy Hull's (Manchester Orchestra)side project - a concept band about a 17th century sailor who heads out to sea and returns home to find he’s been cuckolded by his own brother. Indie music with excoriating lyrics.