Deltron 3030/Dogfish Head box set?!?!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously?

Yes. this is a special run of Dogfish Head. These can often be one-time runs, and since it is a case I am not surprised at the price at all. I worked a a large distributor once, and we handled Dogfish Head distribution for the area. Their World Wide Stout typically sold for ~$60 a case.

I really just want to try it! I'd love to get a bottle. I've for a bottle of the 120 and WWS 2012 aging right now. I can't wait to drink them aged and taste the difference. I had a 2 year aged 120 on my birthday this past year. It was amazing! Raison is the only one I'm iffy about. But it's still delicious!

This is from their site...

"Named after a key track on the first album, Positive Contact is a 9% ABV hybrid of beer and cider brewed with wood-pressed Fuji apples, roasted farro, a handful of cayenne peppers and a late dose of fresh cilantro. This sweet-and-sour Belgian-ish brew is a light straw color with fruity, cider-like notes."

So I've been calling local beer stores since I first saw them on eBay a couple weeks ago and noone has gotten any.

All of the auctions I've seen for the record are being shipped from Delaware and Pholly and the one store who had any info here in NC said no one in my area would be getting one because they were able to package it sufficiently to get it out of the immediate Delaware area (which I found pretty ironic since I'm a packaging design engineer).

I broke down and bought one on eBay today for 31 bucks and the end prices continue to climb.

I've heard the tracks already and this is solid.

I'd really like to try a bottle too but the EP was the greater concern for me.

Founders is my fave brewery, btw; but DFH is outstanding!!

This beer was not good. Dogfish Head is possibly the most overrated brewery out there. The owner seems like a great guy and all, but I've never really had anything I liked other than 60 min and 90 min. I felt bad because I got this to bring to a friend's who really like fruity and sweet beers, and this was not cider-y at all, and in fact was really dry by any beer standards. I could also just be grumpy because I'm so over pretty much all belgians.

A ton of places near me apparently have this. Does anyone know how much a six pack is supposed to go for?

I don't think these are available in 6-packs. Probably large single bottles only, or by case (12?)

This beer was not good. Dogfish Head is possibly the most overrated brewery out there. The owner seems like a great guy and all, but I've never really had anything I liked other than 60 min and 90 min. I felt bad because I got this to bring to a friend's who really like fruity and sweet beers, and this was not cider-y at all, and in fact was really dry by any beer standards. I could also just be grumpy because I'm so over pretty much all belgians.

Well, that's just like your opinion man. Seriously though, I don't think it's fair to give the brew or brewery heat simply because they don't brew the style of beer you like. I'm not sure why you would expect something fruity or cider-y (yuck). DFH is known for their IPAs. The Deltron LP is only available with the case, IIRC.

They must sell these in 6's because I went to a beer distro around here and they only sold them in 12 packs but they came with 2 records.

ah, you're right. When you said 6-pack, I thought you meant 6-12oz bottles. They are packing these in 6-packs of 750ml Champagne bottles, and each comes with the record.

Unfortunately. according to the FIsh Finder, no one in central Ohio has these. I am not driving to Cincinnati for this...

ah, you're right. When you said 6-pack, I thought you meant 6-12oz bottles. They are packing these in 6-packs of 750ml Champagne bottles, and each comes with the record.

Unfortunately. according to the FIsh Finder, no one in central Ohio has these. I am not driving to Cincinnati for this...

I wouldn't worry about it. Apparently these are going for $70 a pop. Not worth it to me.