getting high with your parents???

nicole

i got high with my mom several times during the one year that i actually knew her.

it was actually pretty fun.

as someone who grew up with a very healthy relationship with their parents, sentences like this blow my mind.

i got high with my mom several times during the one year that i actually knew her.

it was actually pretty fun.

as someone who grew up with a very healthy relationship with their parents, sentences like this blow my mind.

i didn't know either of my parents for most of my life, and strangly enough finally got to meet them and hang out a little bit about a year before each of them died.

i feel lucky that i at least got that.

oddly enough, they both died from overdoses.

my mom when i was 23, my dad when i was 25.

i didn't know either of my parents for most of my life, and strangly enough finally got to meet them and hang out a little bit about a year before each of them died.

wish i knew how to properly respond to that.

yeah it was weird.

i moved to georgia to live with my mom when i turned 22 after being raised by my grandmother my whole life.

i lived there for almost exactly 12 months, and my mom was heavily drunk the entire time.

she also ate a lot of pills, mostly percocet.

she would pop up to 20 at a time and nod out on the couch for hours, she loved it.

she died 4 months after i moved out to be with the lady i'm now married to.

i met my dad for the first time since age 4 at a rehab in dallas when i was 24.

he had been clean for 2 years (tho in rehab the entire time), and a born again christian studying to be a preacher.

after he got out of rehab, he started dating a postitute/coke adict, and started doing cocaine again, which was the drug that made my parents divorce back in the 80s.

he died 3 months later.

needless to say i don't dabble with anything outside of pot and alcohol anymore.

I have a friend whose mom is a waste-case, and I think everyone I've ever met has smoked weed with her. I've been around my friends smoking with her so many times it doesn't even phase me anymore. It actually took me a long time reading this thread to remember that it happens and is relevant because it barely registers.

I have coached and will coach next year with my girlfriend's father, so on tournaments I get good and drunk with him. It's actually a lot of fun. My first date with her was a coaches appreciation dinner that her parents also went to.. I was way, way drunker than I meant to get, but it was too much fun.

What's the matter with parents today?

this. i think i am just generally a party pooper.

i turned red when i said fuck in front of my dad one time. just i by no means am or was perfect but always had so much respect for my dad who worked his ass off his whole life for me and raised me the best he could. idk i drink one or two in front of my parents but anymore and i feel awkward. i felt weird going to the movies and seeing knocked up with my step-dad, who is super cool and crazy.

yeah it was weird.

i moved to georgia to live with my mom when i turned 22 after being raised by my grandmother my whole life.

i lived there for almost exactly 12 months, and my mom was heavily drunk the entire time.

she also ate a lot of pills, mostly percocet.

she would pop up to 20 at a time and nod out on the couch for hours, she loved it.

she died 4 months after i moved out to be with the lady i'm now married to.

i met my dad for the first time since age 4 at a rehab in dallas when i was 24.

he had been clean for 2 years (tho in rehab the entire time), and a born again christian studying to be a preacher.

after he got out of rehab, he started dating a postitute/coke adict, and started doing cocaine again, which was the drug that made my parents divorce back in the 80s.

he died 3 months later.

needless to say i don't dabble with anything outside of pot and alcohol anymore.

sorry to hear everything you have gone through. to be honest i hope you realize how amazing it is that you (so it seems) turned up on both feet considering the childhood, growing up, and environment you came from. i worked with a guy on a rig for the past five months whom all his friends are in prison. never knew his dad and his mom is an addict and steals from him. it always amazes me to see people come out of similar situations with their head on their shoulders. unfortunately a lot do not and are dragged down as well.

Even if I did do anything (I still haven't had more than a sip of alcohol), I sure as shit wouldn't do it around my parents.

They're really conservative (though not tea party level), and aside from drinking, the family doesn't do anything, and even then, it's all pretty moderate.

I'M the weird one for still not drinking.

What's the matter with parents today?

this. i think i am just generally a party pooper.

i turned red when i said fuck in front of my dad one time. just i by no means am or was perfect but always had so much respect for my dad who worked his ass off his whole life for me and raised me the best he could. idk i drink one or two in front of my parents but anymore and i feel awkward. i felt weird going to the movies and seeing knocked up with my step-dad, who is super cool and crazy.

nearing 26 years old, i still dont recall a single time that i said fuck in front of either of my parents.

even though the day my mom called me out for my weed use (via twitter), it seemed like there was more guff for how frequently i say fuck.

See, my friends and I are all legal. I will casually drink with my family. And by casually I mean a beer or glass of wine with dinner. MAYBE two. Or a margarita in the backyard with my mom in the summer. Neither one of us are big drinkers by any means. I have once or twice gone out drinking with friends and come home very drunk and throwing up and it's embarrassing. Not exactly how I want my mother to see me.

This same friend of mine use to boast in grade 8 or 9 how her and all her friends would do vodka shots with her mom in their kitchen. At 14 years old. I was never allowed to have underage friends drinking in my house, and rightfully so.

Ive been to several house parties (both while legal and before) where the kids parents would crash the party and starting drinking with us all. Or where everyone would go outside to smoke weed and come back in and the parents were cool with it.

I feel very old complaining about this because most people my age would probably love to have parents like this but I'm glad to have been raised normally where drugs and alcohol were not condoned.

Oh, the mom I mentioned earlier in the thread... my friend actually went on the school announcements and invited the whole school my junior year. When at least 300 kids actually showed up, the mom was perfectly ok with it and was right in the middle of it. Then the police came and she ran right along with us and someone told the police, smartly, that no one was home and we had no permission for the party.

ii always wanted to smoke with my dad, but it would be kinda weird at the same time.

i haven't smoked much since quitting my job about a month ago. after smoking a lot for so long, i'm finally starting to feel the clarity in my head. i must say though, i can't wait to smoke again when my tolerance is nearly gone. it's gonna be a good time for such a small amount. hash really fucks up your tolerance, real shit.

Shit and ass and bitch and dick fly around a lot but I've never said fuck in front of either of my parents. scratch that. i may have slipped a "fuck" or two out in the vets office when i lost my best friend a few months ago. i don't really remember tbh, but its quite possible. otherwise its only friggin this and friggin that. my mom says fuck a lot but i just can't bring myself to say it in front of her.

i certainly curse more than i should, but it's normally warranted or done jokingly.

overall my whole family is pretty chill and we can all be open with each other, even my GRANDMA! i brought over a girlfriend once and she was shocked at all of us. it was too awesome