Matt Skiba and the Sekrets - Babylon (May 8)

Saw this band last night. They were selling the LP for $15 and they had it on both black and white vinyl. (I bought it on white.)

Does anyone think the vinyl sounds really wishy-washy and heavy on sibalence? Almost like it was sourced from MP3s or something. I'm not stoked on how it sounds, but the artwork is really nice.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mention of the amateur hour performance? I didn't go, but if you are talking about the Chicago show, I heard it was hilariously bad. Bush league for sure. I don't see enough sets by "big" bands or whatever that end in total disaster. Sometimes that's more fun than a good one if it's in the right venue (the bigger the venue, the better the failure). It's like going to weddings and just rooting for the groom or bride to no-show, or someone to say they object to the wedding or something.

No mention of the amateur hour performance? I didn't go, but if you are talking about the Chicago show, I heard it was hilariously bad. Bush league for sure. I don't see enough sets by "big" bands or whatever that end in total disaster. Sometimes that's more fun than a good one if it's in the right venue (the bigger the venue, the better the failure). It's like going to weddings and just rooting for the groom or bride to no-show, or someone to say they object to the wedding or something.

I went to the Cleveland show, not the Chicago show.