legal advice, can you opt for jail time in court?

got a bunch of tickets, some are older some are newer. court monday morning and i have no money. can you opt to go to jail to sort of pay it off? im aware how ridiculous that is yes, and no i havent been this involved in their system. i have about 8 tickets and the total is around maybe 2500. all just traffic violations or seeding, no violent crimes.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can "opt" for jail time. You would just not pay the fines and be taken to jail for it. Not sure if you would still owe them when you came out.

Probably the best thing to do would be to pay them off. Sell unwanted junk on ebay, get a second job, sell your bodily fluids, etc. Just pay them off and you will be better off.

in GA, if you have a traffic ticket and dont show up for court or pay the fine (on the first ticket) they suspend your license. the second time (if the original is outstanding[parking tickets, etc.]) they put out a bench warrant for you if you dont show. in any case if you show you can opt for jail time and they will say you paid it off with time served. not sure about negotiating. i was in traffic court once and a guy showed with no money and hoped they would dismiss it. he left in cuffs. good luck!