24 bucks shipping for 6 LPs? Discogs seller

So I found 6 LPs that I wanted from a seller on Discogs and he's trying to tell me it'll cost 24.16 to ship it (within the US.)

I'm awaiting they're explanation, but can anyone think of a reason why it would cost this much?

I'm pretty sure it should cost no more than 8 bucks and even that's being pretty generous.

Thoughts?

it sounds like they're being an asshole an multiplying the cost of shipping one record (~$4) times 6 to get $24

quite possible. Granted you're not shipping 6 12"s in a standard LP mailer, but that is more than a bit over the top. If he doesn't have any mailers maybe he's shipping them in a fire safe. Who wants warped records, right?

On the other hand, he could be delivering them and that's the cost of a greyhound ticket. Or with a $0.38/per mile rate for personal vehicle use he may be within a 60 mile radius and driving them over to your house. that's what i call service. If you're lucky he'll through in a over-the-pants-rubie for free.

Can someone explain to me why people in europe want to pay 15 dollars shipping and but one 8 dollar lp?

Doesnt it seem worth it to buy more

No,

At a certain weight (maybe 1lb) you can no longer ship international first class. Instead it gets bumped to international priority. That could triple your shipping costs.

Can someone explain to me why people in europe want to pay 15 dollars shipping and but one 8 dollar lp?

No,

At a certain weight (maybe 1lb) you can no longer ship international first class. Instead it gets bumped to international priority. That could triple your shipping costs.

At 4 lbs the package must be shipped international priority.

No,

over 4 pounds its goes to priority

No,

Not only that, but why the fuck am I supposed to do with extra copies of the album?

Use it as trading fodder? An then if anyone from the USA wants to trade one o us has to pay not only the original shipping back, but a $9 security fee(charged when importing goods to the USA).

Trade it with a friend? Most of my friends don't listen to the same music I do, even fewer listen to records. Usually they will already have it, and shipping it from one side of Australia to the other is almost as expensive as ordering from the states.

Shipping fees are what they are because you are sending something a distance. Until we can use wormholes or teleportation to send goods. The prices will remain.

[

Not only that, but why the fuck am I supposed to do with extra copies of the album?

think they were saying why don't international customers add OTHER records to their order (not more copies of the same record).

I can't speak for anyone else, but again I've usually got what I want from most labels, and ordering records on a whim is a waste of money when getting them shipped overseas as the shipping price rises with weight, and depending on the label shipping just gets tacked on to the order. So a 12" will cost $13 to ship, a 7" will cost $7-9. Buy them together and shipping is $20.

So you really don't save anything until you're buying bulk items(10+).