Jawbreaker - Bivouac & Chesterfield King reissues

My least favorite of the JB albums. But if they're doing Bivouac, that probably means they're doing 24HRT, which I will be buying for sure!

They reissued 24HRT a couple years ago.

as far as i know only dear you and unfun got reissues?

http://www.discogs.com/Jawbreaker-24-Hour-Revenge-Therapy/release/1595004

They reissued 24HRT a couple years ago.

as far as i know only dear you and unfun got reissues?

http://www.discogs.com/Jawbreaker-24-Hour-Revenge-Therapy/release/1595004

My memory is pretty bad but either one of two things happened... They found a bunch of old copies from back when it was released or they did a new pressing of 500-1000. I bought two copies a couple years ago - possibly from SH/VC (I forget). I'm nearly positive they did a limited repressing though.

I won Chesterfield King on eBay and got it in the mail this week. I also had never actually seen an actual copy, just eBay pics. I found out about the repress just now. I would wish I waited if this were a different record, but I was so damn excited to put the needle on it that it was worth it all. I sat there, listening to it, and thinking about how it was over 20 fucking years old, and the first time I heard it was on a dubbed cassette in my friend's basement somewhere around 1995. It sounded so fucking good that I got chills.

Yeah there was a repress a couple years back. I bought one from VC/SH for $7 or something and sold it for $20.

I didn't know there was a repress. I can't find any information on it anywhere. I'm guessing they just found extra copies like ludesmaaan suggested.

Both this and Chesterfield King were remastered. Maaaaaaaaaaaay have bonus tracks.

24 Hour will be remastered and reissued after this. I'm not positive but I would think they would do a remastered 20th anniversary edition of Dear You.

From an interview with Adam from '08:

"Now, all of this begs the question: will we remaster everything, and if so, will there be bonus tracks? Yes and very likely."

I should probably question my own statement too, as the information I was presented by the Virge's post was that it was a repress... ???

Edit: Found it...

http://www.vinylcollective.com/jawbreaker-24-hour-revenge-therapy-lp/

Looks shady genius. I'm looking into it more.

EDIT: From what I can gather, Tupelo Communion decided to do one last quick repress of about 500 before handing the rights over to the band so they could make some quick dough. EVERYONE wanted one so places didn't get a whole lot in stock being that 500 was pretty low compared to the demand. They all sold out pretty quick.

That repress was pretty much the same as the OG. This new reissue will be remastered and will be on Blackball. Possibly will have bonus tracks perhaps hopefully?

Unfun came was repressed for its 20th anniversary. If all goes well, the Bivouac repress will be released in time for its 20th birthday. So I'm guessing the 24 Hour Revenge Therapy will follow the same pattern and be repressed in 2014. I can handle that.

That's what I figured. I'm excited for the next couple years!

I should probably question my own statement too, as the information I was presented by the Virge's post was that it was a repress... ???

Edit: Found it...

http://www.vinylcollective.com/jawbreaker-24-hour-revenge-therapy-lp/

EDIT: From what I can gather, Tupelo Communion decided to do one last quick repress of about 500 before handing the rights over to the band so they could make some quick dough. EVERYONE wanted one so places didn't get a whole lot in stock being that 500 was pretty low compared to the demand. They all sold out pretty quick.

That repress was pretty much the same as the OG. This new reissue will be remastered and will be on Blackball. Possibly will have bonus tracks perhaps hopefully?

Right on. I remember the two copies I had were very similar to each other, so that makes sense. Good show!

Right on. I remember the two copies I had were very similar to each other, so that makes sense. Good show!

Now I'm not sure of which copy I have. Heh. Damn.

• 6 months later...