Phone troubles >:(

I'm having a "boot looping" problem with my HTC Rezound. I took it into Verizon today and they said the'd be sending me a "certified refurbished" phone... which totally sucks. I've only had this phone for 2 months and it's shit the bed twice on me now. The first time was when I had it for 5 days! I understand that newer phones will tend to have kinks that need to be worked out, but I mean c'mon!

Anyone ever have any problems with their droid similar mine? If so was the refurbished phone just as good?

I know it sucks, but did you try wiping your data/cache in Android Recovery?

Refurbished phones are always hit or miss. Sometimes they'll work like a charm, other times you'll get other ridiculous issues like a camera that doesn't focus or problems loading media from your SD card.

I suggest all Android users root and put a ROM their phones. Carries inflate these otherwise powerful devices with unnecessary bloatware and overlays which ultimately cause problems that shouldn't exist.

The XDA Developer forums, RootzWiki forums, and Android Central forums are a good place to start. Flashing a ROM is easier than it seems. Eventually you can learn how to apply simple scripts and MODs which can triple your 3G speeds, double your battery life (which will be extended post flashing a ROM as it is), and improve the speed and performance of your device by altering the memory and such (also another perk you'll have post flashing ROM).

I can't speak for phones since I've been using friends old phones for the last 5 years now, but I try to buy all my electronics refurbished. I think my refurbished PC is about 5 years old now, and I even installed an upgraded graphics card and power supply, and it's running like a champ. My refurbished monitor is 2 years old now probably, and is fairing better than the unrefurbed monitor I had before. Just bought a refurbished house phone last week and it works great so far.

I'm having a "boot looping" problem with my HTC Rezound. I took it into Verizon today and they said the'd be sending me a "certified refurbished" phone... which totally sucks. I've only had this phone for 2 months and it's shit the bed twice on me now. The first time was when I had it for 5 days! I understand that newer phones will tend to have kinks that need to be worked out, but I mean c'mon!

Anyone ever have any problems with their droid similar mine? If so was the refurbished phone just as good?

try contacting htc directly if you arent stoked about getting a refurb...verizon doesnt make the product they just act as the middleman to the manufacturer so have no ability to give you a new one

most of the time when you contact the manufacturer directly they are good with sending you a new one

id recomend just doing a hard reset and seeing if that fixes it.all your photos are saved on ur sd card and your contacts should be backed up with your gmail account

iPhone, bro.

That's for babies.

or people who just enjoy total simplicity.

"yeah well my droid can do this this this this this this this and this!!!!"

my iphone does exactly what i need it to.. text, make calls, tweet, web browse- and its best friends with my computer.

this is actually a pretty common problem if you google it.

my friend had this same problem and i think if you switch the network preference to cdma/lte that should fix the problem. something about it's set to some wrong setting straight from the factory for some reason. i forget. google will tell you the answer, though. google knows all.

That's for babies.

my iphone does exactly what i need it to.. text, make calls, tweet, web browse- and its best friends with my computer.

I'm no "tweeter", but I agree with ya there. It does what it does and does it well. Sure, droids can do a million and one more things but if you're not equipped with the knowledge to tweak the scripting and all the jazz then what's the point? I had a droid X once, that thing was buggy as all hell

The refurbished phone I got is going well so far. Although I've only had it for a day. I'm seriously thinking that I should root it asap. Just don't really know how to go about it. Any advice on that VC?

[TOOL] HTC Rezound All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [3-25-2012] [Noob-Proof] - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1504824

There's an included video walkthrough in that OP.

Here is a list on ROMs for your device. IMHO you should flash CM9. Cyanogenmod produces the best ROMs imaginable. Completely AOSP (straight up Android OS). - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1425091

That's for babies.

That's your prerogative. If it meets your needs than congratulations, but there's a metric shit ton of people in the world that consider superuser permission and bootloader access more important which means the iPhone will never be the end-all be-all ultimate device.