Cory Brannan - Mutt LP - 5/22

Justin Townes Earle's new album is much better than Brannan's new one. I love Brannan for sure, but he has to pass a few more people to even be close to being called the next Townes.

please enlighten me.......please, JTE's best songs pale in comparisson to Cory's "meh" songs....i truly enjoy JTE, but he's nowhere near his Father or his Namesake.....Cory is the best living songwriter in the U.S. and posibly the North American continent. No questions, hands-down.....Please let me know who is a better songsmith than Mr. Branan, JTE ain't it.

Im not a huge Steve Earle fan, he had some great albums, but is living off the memories of those for far too long. We will have to agree to disagree on JTE, as I think his ok songs blow Cory away. "Wont be the Last Time", "Movin On", "Memphis in the Rain", "Someday Ill be Forgiven For This" and on and on are all amazing songs. I could seriously name more by him, but I think you get the hint that I prefer him more. As far as others I think are better songwriters than Cory, I prefer Ryan Bingham, Ike Reilly, Wayne Hancock, Posessed by Paul James, John Ralston to name a few. Granted, none of them are as great as Townes. Best songwriter of all time.

Im not a huge Steve Earle fan, he had some great albums, but is living off the memories of those for far too long. We will have to agree to disagree on JTE, as I think his ok songs blow Cory away. "Wont be the Last Time", "Movin On", "Memphis in the Rain", "Someday Ill be Forgiven For This" and on and on are all amazing songs. I could seriously name more by him, but I think you get the hint that I prefer him more. As far as others I think are better songwriters than Cory, I prefer Ryan Bingham, Ike Reilly, Wayne Hancock, Posessed by Paul James, John Ralston to name a few. Granted, none of them are as great as Townes. Best songwriter of all time.

we just gonna have to agree to disagree....John Ralston man?? really?? better than Cory?? I enjoy Konrad's stuff alot as well, but he doesn't have even one song that I think holds a candle Cory's stuff.....We're gonna have to agree on the fact that Townes Van Zandt was and always will be THE best songwriter this country has or ever will produce

I got no issue whatsoever agreeing with you that Townes is the best songwriter of all time. Seriously no one holds a candle to him. Have you seen the documentary "Be Here To Love Me"?

nope, but i was just given access to my buddy's netflix account, so if it's on there I'll see it....probably this weekend